Few more shots from my trip to Canadian Rockies

keram

Getting there. It was difficult to keep an eyes on the road

med_gallery_186_32_39727.jpg

med_gallery_186_32_93462.jpg

med_gallery_186_32_60957.jpg

med_gallery_186_32_52080.jpg

Patricia Lake , view from the cabin and in the snowstorm

Patricia Lake ( about 5 km NE of Jasper ) . This lake has interesting history. In 1943 W. Churchill had an idea of building huge icefields, so they can be used as an airfields in the North Atlantic to better protect convoys going to Europe. They've built the prototype in 1:50 scale. It was tested successfully on Lake Patricia, but the main project was abandoned due to very high cost of keeping it frozen for a long time. Some remains of the prototype still can be found on the bottom of the lake.

med_gallery_186_32_24031.jpg

med_gallery_186_32_20503.jpg

I'm trying to "stop" Athabasca glacier

med_gallery_186_32_13776.jpg

More wildlife

med_gallery_186_32_127830.jpg

med_gallery_186_32_24451.jpg

med_gallery_186_32_104182.jpg

"Fresh" avalanche

med_gallery_186_32_105477.jpg

Edited by keram

I thought it looked familiar. You should have stopped about 5 minutes past the cement plant on your way into the mountains and fished the Bow River for rainbows. There's tons in there and they taste really good. The water is so clear you can see them go after your lure, its fantastic.

Joey

Beautiful just beautiful keram. Whats there not to love about the scenery and wildlife in canada. Lived in BC for three yrs absolutley loved it there. Had i not had all my family in ontario i reckon thats where i would have gone six yrs ago.

Thanx for shareing beautiful shots.

Man i need to take a road trip......lol :canadian:

Thanks for posting both sets of your pics. Reminds me of my trip up there two years ago in the fall. One minute its sunny, the next you're in a blizzard!

I gotta say the Rockies are one of my favourite places - I'll never get tired of driving the stretch from Banff through the Bow Valley, over the Icefields Parkway and up to Jasper. So many amazing panoramic vistas and lots of wildlife too.

Thanks again

Aw man ... those are spectacular shots Karem. Got any more ?

I do. just waiting for e-mail from my son. I will post few more on Sunday or Monday.

Glad you enjoy it, but belive me it is muuuuuuuch better to be there :o when look at it on the screen.

Awesome pictures! I spent weeks and weeks and more weeks camping solo around that neck of the woods, and I can totally understand your passion for such a beautiful place. BC and its Rockies has inspired me in magical and spiritual ways. And being Canadian makes the trips that much more special to me. Ever think about living there? I would love to move out there, and I really hope I spend the better part of my life in the higher altitudes of BC. Both my parents were born there. Thanks for the great memories that your pictures rekindled.