Bad place/time to go fishing?

sleepjigging

On the weekend, my buddies wanted to explore some lakes on crown land in the Bancroft area. We drove out there. Hiked in and bumped into some guys in ORANGE. They showed us their big bullets. And there was gun shots in the distance in the direction that we were headed. We decided that it was a BAD time BAD place to go fishing and left.

The small lakes were starting to skim over. We were in a blizzard in the early afternoon up there. Got back to Toronto later and it was 6 degrees C.

What other times is it not good to go fishing?

Sleepjigging

I go fishing every chance I get. However, I am out for the scenery, and catching a fish is bonus.

Had this issue a couple years ago in the Parry Sound area . Headed into a back lake and met up with some moose hunters that didn't like us being there

and they let us know . I didn't like there aggressive style and the way the situation was handled but what you going to do , start a fight in the middle of

no where with some red neck hunters . I think not !!! Mind you we didn't drive all the way up there not to go fishing so we continued on and fished anyways

despite the small argument on the trail . When ever I go up into the backwoods now I avoid the moose hunt week whenever possible as well when I do venture

into the woods in the fall a blaze orange hat/toque is always on my head !

I agree that you have every right to be there because it is on Crown land, but the fishing season is much longer than the hunting season and we all love being in the Outdoors doing our favorite sports.

A few of my favorite bass lakes are very busy during duck season, so I enjoy them until the Duck season opens then I consider them off-limit and let the hunters enjoy them.