Lake of Bays Area

stasbrute

Fellow OFC's please assist. I got an invite to stay at a cottage near L O Bays this weekend looking to catch some pike and walleye any suggestions on a lake in the area with a good population of the above, I dont want your honey hole just a nudge in the right direction was thinking Doe lake or maybe Calabogie is there pike and walleye in l o bays?

You're better to go for lakers in Lake of Bays. Not so sure about Pike or Pickerel. Doe has Pike and pickerel and there's some monster Pike in there, it also has whitefish, and bass, which of course is OOS right now.

Let me know what you decide, I can PM you some tips if you go to Doe.

Joey

not a great all around fishing lake from my limited expereince...i find most haliburton lakes pretty mediocre...ya some lakers but you might get into a few if u have the right equipment (heavy trolling gear)..that's why you'll need to look at my add in the classified section to help youu out!!! shameless promo!

Hi Grog,

LOB's is pretty much Lakers and Smallies, decent population of both. There is talk of Pike in the Oxtongue River area but I haven't run into any. Doe is probably the best bet for Pike and Pickerel.......

John..

Lake of Bays....Good Lake Trout, great Smallies (O.O.S.), very few Largies (O.O.S.), Pike have been caught there but most of those came down the small river from Paint Lake. The Pike haven't established themselves in L.O.B. yet and hopefully they never do. Paint Lake has good Pike but no 'Eyes. Lake of Bays is definitely a Muskoka Lake. Your best bet by far for good Pike and Walleye is Lake Muskoka. It's a huge Lake full of islands, cuts, channels, you name it. Get yourself a good map and you can probably find some good Pike and Walleye water. P.M. me and I'll add what I can. The maps a good idea anyway 'cuz it's an easy lake to get lost on. Hope we're talkin the same area here cuz i'm confused on the Calabogie and Haliburton references. I lived on L.O.B. for years.

It sure aint near Calabogie (at least the Calabogie that I know).

Hookset.

Lake of Bays....Good Lake Trout, great Smallies (O.O.S.), very few Largies (O.O.S.), Pike have been caught there but most of those came down the small river from Paint Lake. The Pike haven't established themselves in L.O.B. yet and hopefully they never do. Paint Lake has good Pike but no 'Eyes. Lake of Bays is definitely a Muskoka Lake. Your best bet by far for good Pike and Walleye is Lake Muskoka. It's a huge Lake full of islands, cuts, channels, you name it. Get yourself a good map and you can probably find some good Pike and Walleye water. P.M. me and I'll add what I can. The maps a good idea anyway 'cuz it's an easy lake to get lost on. Hope we're talkin the same area here cuz i'm confused on the Calabogie and Haliburton references. I lived on L.O.B. for years.

It sure aint near Calabogie (at least the Calabogie that I know).

Hookset.

You're right...it not techniucally a Haliburton lake.. It does straddle the Haliburton county line... I meant that it's a Haliburton-type lke...Deep, cold shield lake...