Family venue in kawarthas for 20-30 people? - nf

scugpg

Hi all,

Next year we are hoping to have a small family venue for 20-30 people in the kawarthas next year and are looking for suggestions.

Mostly interested in Stony/Pigeon/Lower Buckhorn lake areas but open to others. Must have a spot to have a boat at the dock. We've already checked out viamede and westwood resorts so looking for some more resort type suggestions; and also open to a large cottage setup in those areas to have the venue.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or feel free to pm.

Thanks again

Burliegh Island Lodge may have what your interested in.

Their at the west end of Stoney and have plenty of docking and a good ramp. There's a motel unit plus a few cabins and the whole place is pretty darned nice.

I live just down the road from there and although we have dinner there on a regular basis I've never rented their cabins so can't honestly give an opinion on them.

Might be worth looking into.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.burleighislandgrill.com%2Fburleigh-island-lodge.html&ei=2NYQVMDPLsSoyATmloGYBg&usg=AFQjCNF3WbSG0wnHEd39qAJ3f96acuz7Lg

We used to go to Elmhirst Resort on Rice Lake every year when I was younger. Nice place. Has a pub, a restaurant and a wine tasting room. Also indoor and outdoor pools, a game room. Somewhat pricey, but the cottages are really nice and it's really not that expensive if you look at places in the Muskokas. Even the least expensive cottages are nicer than most cottages I've stayed at. I haven't been in a couple years though.