Ram 1500 Diesel - 1st Tow (NF)

hutch4113

I have a 2008 diesel Cherokee and when towing my boat (Lund Explorer 1675 with an E-Tec 90) I get between 13.5-14.8 l/100 km.

Most of my fishing trips are between Toronto (city driving, DVP and 401) and Stony Lake. Last trip I averaged 14.2 l/100 km with a fully loaded boat, gear, three adults and the A/C on.

So a brand new RAM 1500 diesel with those mileage numbers are impressive !!

I took a diesel gc out recently and got 7-9 l/100 on the highway 100kmh so not surprised to see those truck numbers! Lots of power too. Although I took a 5.7 Durango out with the 8spd and also got decent mileage around 9-11 highway 80kmh. Wonder if it's that 8spd making some significant difference along with lower rpms due to gear ratio?

Edited by Spooled

• 2 weeks later...

London - Nipigon - London.......2012 Dodge Ram 5.7 fully loaded with 4 guys and food for 7 days....Towing Starcraft Fishmaster 196 lightly loaded and about 30gal fuel on board to Nipigon and empty tank back

fuel_eco.jpg

Edited by SlowPoke

Man, that's a lot of gas.

Apples and Oranges since my boat/trailer/motor is propably 1000-1200 lbs and your package I'd estimate at 3000-3500 with fuel but I got a hand calculated 22.5 us mpg or 10.5 L / 100 towing mine to sudbury and back to orangeville in my 08 Grand Cherokee 3.0L Diesel.

That same trip unloaded, I would be scratching 25mpg.

Edited by Raf

Man, that's a lot of gas.

Apples and Oranges since my boat/trailer/motor is propably 1000-1200 lbs and your package I'd estimate at 3000-3500 with fuel but I got a hand calculated 22.5 us mpg or 10.5 L / 100 towing mine to sudbury and back to orangeville in my 08 Grand Cherokee 3.0L Diesel.

That same trip unloaded, I would be scratching 25mpg.

Add another 325 lts for the boat gas + a $50 jug of synthetic 2-stoke oil LOL!!! No complaints though, had a blast!

• 5 weeks later...