Hi everyone, thought I'd introduce myself. I just joined a few days ago, I'm about 5 or 6 years into this hobby now, and am obsessed.

Here's my boat set-up, works well for inland lakes but I wouldn't dare venture out on Lake Erie in it:

DSCF0347.gif

I go all over, but my favorite lakes are Onaping, Temagami, and I also like the Moon River area. I also go to a family cottage on Kasshabog a lot in the Kawarthas. I target fish with teeth mostly, rarely going after Bass.

I have recorded a lot of my catches on video, so many of my trips are on my youtube channel.

I'm still a fishing Newbie, but I'm getting better at it each summer. I have to admit as a guy who started out wading into the rapids on the Grand River with a worm and a weight I've come a long way! I have a couple groups of friends I go with, Nippissing is one such bi-annual trip. Mostly I like going it alone however.

Look forward to participating more and chatting with many of you. I have lots to learn still. The youtube link is in the signature line. Keep in mind some of the videos were done for my kids and friends, so they're a long way off from Bob Izumi quality. I have a GoPro now that I take when I go out, and a pretty good editing program, so they are getting better.

Tony

Welcome to the board. I just watched a good portion of your Onaping video...very cool.

Just a tip though, holding your rod 3/4 up the blank while i a pike is thrashing around on a tight line is a great way to break a rod, and yes, I am speaking from experience

Welcome to the board. I just watched a good portion of your Onaping video...very cool.

Just a tip though, holding your rod 3/4 up the blank while i a pike is thrashing around on a tight line is a great way to break a rod, and yes, I am speaking from experience

lol Thanks Joey. I got yelled at quit a bit for hook setting technique on the Bass trip the other day as well, got some work to do in that dept for sure appreciate the advice.

Welcome to the board. I am pretty new too. Nice boat. Can you share some info on your legend boat. Looking to get one myself.

Thanks

Sure Will and thanks! It's a two year old ProSport 14 footer I bought new. It of course has an aerated live well, 25 hp 4-stroke Electric Start, the driver swivel seat was custom installed, and I added the following toys to it:

Lowrance Elite 7 HDI fishfinder

Minn Kota Powerdrive V2 trolling motor with a power series deep cycle 185 battery

Canon Downrigger

Deckhand 40 power anchor winch with 25 lb anchor

2 additional Scotty Rod holders

2 dock bumpers

driver-side mounted cup holder :)

Best money I ever wasted! In hind sight if you're thinking of a boat similar, I should just point out you will be a bit limited with this one as to where is safe to venture out. It handle 1-3 foot waves not too bad, but any more than that I wouldn't go there. I'm actually thinking of upgrading to a Nitro Z-7 next year so who knows it may show up in the for sale section this winter :)

Tony

Edited by thegrumpyfisherman