Quick Early Summer Walleye/Bass Report

Hey everybody on OFC, it's been a little while since my last report. This past spring I did a little trout fishing on the creek using small spinners, quik-fish crank baits mostly I caught some decent fish landed some rainbows and had much more fun than sitting inside! Finally walleye opener then bass opener came. I got out once or twice prior to bass opener and caught some walleye on each trip, not many but a few every time on buck tails and crank baits.

I went up to Rice with a friend of mine and had a great bass opener, we were fishing a team style tournament the next day. We caught a few nice bass at each spot on Saturday did the milk run the next day and the fish were gone, it was a tough go but late afternoon I managed to pop 3 largies on the frog and swinging hammer swim bait and we got to weigh in some bass, was a great experience can't wait to do it again next year!

Here we go on our way to the launch

DSCF4577_zps4a34f407.jpg

Before blasting off, my friends dad was nice enough to lend the boat for the day. What a cool design for a deep v aluminum 19' if I remember right. Blast off time!

DSCF4585_zpsa5f832e7.jpg

Here are some pics from my most recent trip out.

First of the morning, I'm trying to catch some largies and were finding walleye haha

DSCF4590_zps58389387.jpg

And another, this one was over the slot I believe by a inch or 2

DSCF4594_zps08578903.jpg

Here is my friend from the shop who brought me out with a 25" Walleye, such a blast on the heavy line and TRJ, his first ever he put the buck tail down after I caught the first 2 :P

DSCF4595_zps2cb72e58.jpg

We tucked into a channel later in the day and caught a dozen or so largies all a between 1 and 2lbs had a blast, here was one of the nicer largies on the swim bait.

DSCF4600_zpsb721c9eb.jpg

Well that's it for now, we were out again this past week and caught just 5 or 6 bass no walleye and I landed a decent Musky. I'm about 2 1/2 weeks away from my annual camping and fishing trip, 2 weeks on this one so stay tuned for a report on August 17th

Get out there while summer is still here!

Tightlines

MTBF

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher