Anyone fish lake couchiching?

AdamS

Just wondering if anyone's fished on that lake before and had any luck. I was working in Orillia last week and talked to one of the locals who said there was some nice pike and bass near the top end of the lake so I managed to get out there once. My reason for asking is because it was kinda scary trying to navigate the island sized rocks hidden under the water every 35ft..it seemed like they were everywhere. We only caught a couple small bass and went through a lot of different presentations so I'm just wondering if anyone's had good luck out there or if your better off fishing somewhere on simcoe.

I fished it a few times last year and caught lots of bass and plenty of panfish for my son, but never saw a pike. Haven't fished it this year but likely will soon.

Watch out for the guy floating about in a tube ok. Thanks. :Gonefishing:

It,s not a lake you want to go zipping around on. Lots of bottom end removal spots.

Ya now I know. I picked up a map of the lake after and there was a note about boat and prop eating rocks

I fished it a few times last year and caught lots of bass and plenty of panfish for my son, but never saw a pike. Haven't fished it this year but likely will soon.

Take it slow as mentioned,prime waters for both Bass and Pike!

I did see a lot of panfish but its good to know someones actually catchin bass and pike in there. Guess I'll just have to take it slow until i find them next time.