Alabama rig

mattp33

Awesome video. The idea of it is great I think. The bait ball crank bait has been great for me and it plays upon the same principles. Bait always clump together for safety and with that many targets the fish has a good chance of getting fed.

Also, salt water guys use teasers all the time so placing a simple spinner blade on 1 or more of the arms makes perfect sense.

I always use oversize/overkill gear so that will be easy. The only problem I see is getting over the fact that by the time it's rigged you are tossing $30-$40 lure lol

No doubt the bait ball will catch fish but there is a bit of a flaw with the theory.

Fish school for protection and safety in numbers. It is the lone fish that can't keep up and is isolated that gets eaten.

Good point. Three spinner baits attached directly to an Alabama rig plus one off a leader may produce good results.

Similar to the 'umbrella' rigs I've seen videos of the guys using for stripers. I could see a variation of this working well for deep water greys. All spinner blades with a williams or live minnow trailing 2 or 3 feet behind...sort of like an umbrella shaped gangtroll...hah

I could never really understand these things when they came out? Give the fish a chance when fun fishing. I guess I can see the use of them in a tourney, but why work so hard to catch a fish for fun? I was watching a tourney on TV the other day and the guy that won was throwing one that looked like it had eight hooks on it. Sometimes the fish were hooked in the side.