How not to make an opening day video

Dave Bailey

As luck would have it, on the FMZ 17/18/20 bass opener my boss handed me a run that would take me past some nice bass holes. Hmmm, gotta be careful how you say that... Anyway, I decided to make a video at one of them. It didn't go well.

Step one, set up tripod and camera

Step two, short intro on lure selection

Step three, proceed to make six casts and catch three bass, each one about a pound, pound and a half

Step four, beam proudly and tell the viewers how the Xzone Swammer on a weighted hook is an absolute bass magnet

Step five, notice that the video camera hadn't been turned on.

RESTART!

Step one redux, start casting again, completely forgetting the intro

Step two, catch small pike that destroys the last Swammer

Step three, switch to a Slammer and get nothing, not surprising since they're better for drop-shotting

RESTART AGAIN!

Step one (again), Switch to a spinner bait

Step two, utterly fail to notice that the rod has been assembled with the guides totally out of alignment

Step three, proceed to catch smaller bass because you've given the larger ones sore mouths

Step four, post embarrassing video anyway, because FISHING!

Enjoy. Or not, I wouldn't want to be arbitrary. Watch at 1080p for maximum embarrassment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llDs30GLRfI

Edited by Dave Bailey

Enjoyed it Dave. Is that a Pflueger reel?

It is, a President. Was on a matching rod until I broke it, Tightlines in Pickering (I miss that place) replaced it no charge with a Shakespeare when Pflueger took ages sending a replacement. Apparently they come off the same production line and are virtually identical. Doesn't really matter to me, as far as I'm concerned the most important thing in fishing is to get something in front of their nose, they don't care what it's attached to.

Edited by Dave Bailey

It is, a President. Was on a matching rod until I broke it, Tightlines in Pickering (I miss that place) replaced it no charge with a Shakespeare when Pflueger took ages sending a replacement. Apparently they come off the same production line and are virtually identical. Doesn't really matter to me, as far as I'm concerned the most important thing in fishing is to get something in front of their nose, they don't care what it's attached to.

So maybe a sponsorship in your future youTube career ;):)