South Cook's Bay

skdds

Hi Guys,

Looking to head out this weekend not too far from T.O. Thinking about the south end of Cooks Bay for bass, pike?? if still there. Two questions-where would be the best/closest launch/parking and, since I'm going in a kayak, is that part of the lake rough..I've had some nasty run ins with a tinny further north on the bay..!

thanks skdds

Agreed! You can hit up launchs in bradford, gilford or keswick. You could fish the holland river from soldiers bay on queensville sdrd all the way down to cooks bay without having to worry about the waves( which will be choppy from all the boat traffic alone on a long weekend)

I think you have to pay at the one launch in keswick now but theres a dirty one 200ft south of it u could park for free i think.

Be safe out there, some people have no respect for small vessels on the bay ( i only had a 12ft tinnie up till last year)

you could put in at the south park in keswick, a short paddle and you are at the reeds, even in rough weather this area is pretty calm

404 to greenlane to leslie to ravenshoe to lakeshore a km on the left

Queensvile side road at Yonge St. you will see a convenience store just west of the bridge. turn north on the side st. and there'll be a small park. its easy to launch and parking is no problem. Launched my yak there before the river makes for calm waters. Cooks bay can be choppy be careful! In soldiers bay however, there are bass on the edges almost all the time....My friend Darryl lives walking distance from the spot and he fishes it a few times a week!

Thanks for the info..I was thinking of the south end in the hope it would be weedy, calmer and fewer powerboats. I want to work on some topwaters as I'm not too experienced with those techniques and it looks like a good place to go. But... bass opener and long weekend is a bad combo when looking for calm water near T.O!