Been doing lots of carp fishing!

Crazyhook

well year 2 of carp fishing for me and I have decided to take a different angle. Been throwing some fly's around at them and having a ball. Landed 4 so far on the fly biggest landed is 31 x 24 ( about 24 pounds) , last night I did battle with a monster that I fought for 40 minutes. It took me to the end of my backing twice and just would not come in the net.

caught this one the night before and finally got a pic. Fish have been in shallow and have been eating everything. this one was a 17 pounder. My 6 pound leader held up in the weeds, around shopping carts and other cover

125554.jpg

got 11 other one bait the last few weeks

got to love the mighty carp... may need an intervention

Ah h h h h . . . . the feel of a big fish with plenty of power, on the receiving end of your line!! I certainly takes a lotta skill to keep a big one on light gear like that for 40 minutes, even if ya can't land 'im!! I've had 'em hit & take off on 'free spool' for at least 50' BEFORE I even got the rod off the pod, then peel 200+' of line out before I could get 'em stopped, with the massive carp rod & reel I use! The pulling power these guys have is awesome! I wonder just how many 'carp converts' there are on this board now . . . . . a lot more than about 4 years ago I'll bet! Long live the 'lowly' carp!! Just headed for beautiful Hammie Harbour this mornin,' to try to get rid of the skunk smell!

Carping on the fly is a total blast!

Nice fish too :clapping:

There's no escape from carp. Once bitten by the bug, symptoms may include

1) Desire to smell and taste groundbait flavours

2) Corn is at THE TOP of your grocery list

3) You drool profusely when you hear words that incorporate 'carp' in them: Like carpet or Carpel Tunnel syndrome

It's a disease with absolutely no cure.

well year 2 of carp fishing for me and I have decided to take a different angle. Been throwing some fly's around at them and having a ball. Landed 4 so far on the fly biggest landed is 31 x 24 ( about 24 pounds) , last night I did battle with a monster that I fought for 40 minutes. It took me to the end of my backing twice and just would not come in the net.

caught this one the night before and finally got a pic. Fish have been in shallow and have been eating everything. this one was a 17 pounder. My 6 pound leader held up in the weeds, around shopping carts and other cover

125554.jpg

got 11 other one bait the last few weeks

got to love the mighty carp... may need an intervention

Nice Carp! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup_anim: To bad you didnt have the "OFNCommunity.com" sign with you. You could have added a few inches to Team 1's total. Oh well....you will just have to go out and get a 30" plus monster and don't forget that sign next time. :)

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

Edited by fishinonthebrain

Nice job ch , got to love them carp.Haven't been out yet myself (been to busy with those peskey BoQ walleye).Hope to get out in the near future.That has to be a blast on a fly rod.Keep up the reports.

Wes

I wonder just how many 'carp converts' there are on this board now . . . . .

Count me as a convert! :lol:

I've still got a ways to go to get all the proper gear, but I do have a pair of nice Baitrunner 4500's as a start. Now the hard part, finding a quality 2.75lb test curve rod x 2 and a decent double buzzbar rod pod...

Tony