Cottage Life Magazine - Craig Ritchie

Congrats Craig on your article in the May CL magazine. I was happy to see your name as one of the contributors. It's unfortunate but I feel that magazine has really lost its direction. One can really see that with the lineup of shows they have on their TV channel. Not really reflective of the masses.

Around 20 years ago when I had a cottage in eastern Ontario we used to enjoy the magazine and we looked forward to each new issue. We also enjoyed the old Cottage Life Television Show with Tony and Linda Armstrong. Then there seemed to be a changing of the guard and the direction of the publication went away from I feel is mainstream cottaging. As a result I stopped buying it. Getting a subscription as a gift last year has brought the magazine back into our house but I still think the direction is not my cup of tea.

Craig, I'm glad to see you are contributing and I hope that it continues for you. It is unfortunate to have to read past articles like "5 steps to enlightened curry" in order to get to your work.

Congrats Craig, there sure is an abundance of talent among the membership here. Smokestack, I hear you. I really can't relate to a 3000 sqft boathouse let alone some kigillionaires built in water slide that tunnels through a mountain for the kids. Love the old shows of Cottage Life they are showing now. Sure depended on Hobby the Handyman when we first bought our first cottage. Didn't know the difference between a shallow well pump and an Insulin pump.

Congrats on getting published

Think CL is affiliated with Outdoor Canada as well

We looked into advertising "Ced-Art" with CL----made sense to be where cottagers look

Pricing was little too out there for ads though---would drive our works pricing up too high to be competetive

Congrats again