Lake Wilcox - Oak Ridges

cthewrld

I am at home recovering from a heart attack and would like to get out close to home to do some fishing. Can anyone provide some feedback on Lake Wilcox? I have been led to believe there is Pike fishing in the lake. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Supposedly there are some pike as well as bass in the lake. Try some live bait with a float, I don't think you'd want to be casting for hours on end since you are recovering from a heart attack. Good luck, a buddy of mine bought a house up there and is looking forward to carrying his rod a couple of blocks to fish.

l to had a heart attack and lm glad l did. My life is what it is but different.Its what got me fishing again and the little stuff l use to get ticked off at wasn't so important. Good luck take it slow in this heat and drink lots of water. Peace Ken

I heard that anything over 10hp is not permissible at lake wilcox. But the crappie comes out at night, and I am not sure if others are allowed to fish there at night either. It is too weedy to fish from shore, as well. A small inflatable boat is advisable in this lake.