Balsam Lake slot size for walleye.

super dave

This is from the regulation book...

Balsam Lake (44°35’N., 78°50’W.) - including the waters of the Gull River upstream to the dam

at Coboconk, the waters of the Otonabee River (Rosedale River) between the Trent dam at Rosedale upstream to Balsam Lake, the waters of the Trent Canal between the upstream lock at Rosedale upstream to its junction with the Otonabee River (Rosedale River), and the waters of the Trent Canal between Balsam Lake and Mitchell Lake - Bexley and Fenelon Twps.

Walleye catch and possession limit of three (3), which must be less than 37 cm (14.6 in.), or greater than 55 cm (21.7 in.) in length, Conservation licence limit of one (1) which must be less than 37 cm (14.6 in.) or greater than 55 cm (21.7 in.) in length.

A reminder that the Ontario fishing regulations can be found online at http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/MNR/pubs/pubmenu.html#fish

Balsam Lake is on Map B - Division 6

Balsam Lake (44°35’N., 78°50’W.) - including the waters of the Gull River upstream to the dam at Coboconk, the waters of the Otonabee River (Rosedale River) between the Trent dam at Rosedale upstream to Balsam Lake, the waters of the Trent Canal between the upstream lock at Rosedale upstream to its junction with the Otonabee River (Rosedale River), and the waters of the Trent Canal between Balsam Lake and Mitchell Lake - Bexley and Fenelon Twps.

Walleye catch and possession limit:

Sportfishing licence limit of three (3), which must be less than 37 cm (14.6 in.), or greater than 55 cm (21.7 in.) in length.

Conservation licence limit of one (1) which must be less than 37 cm (14.6 in.) or greater than 55 cm (21.7 in.) in length.

Don't quote me though...it's your butt on the line...I think these are the correct regs based on the quick search I did.

Tony

PS. WOW you guys are fast around here...

Edited by tonyb

yeah but when it comes to the MNR being close only counts if you have a large calibre gun pointed at them

I can see it now, but sir I was told by Victor.. I could keep anything over 21.5...no

well what about smith and wesson, it says I can keep it too..thanks and have a nice day.......lol

o yeah you're right Terry ... i would double check the rules again if i do go to Balsam as i wasn't too sure about those numbers in my head ... and i have never really targeted walleye there :D

Edited by Victor