Lake of 2 rivers, Algonquin park

boombap

Hello everyone.. been a while since Ive posted.

Just booked a camping trip for the May 24 weekend

Will be staying at lake of 2 rivers campgrounds.. has anyone ever stayed there? I understand that this is one of the few lakes in algonquin that gas motors are allowed. Was thinking of taking my tin with a 9.9.. hows the fishing on this small lake?

Nice to be back.

I've stayed at 2 rivers a few times, and have had my zodiac in the water with a 9.9. Nice lake and a good size. Certainly not my favorite Algonquin corridor campground, but not bad. Sites I were at were pretty open for me, maybe there are better ones. Fishing for trout is tough but we managed to get some last year. If I remember correctly you'll need to go to the opposite end of the lake to launch.

Oh, and if its hot make sure and stop at the algonquin store which is right there and have some Kawartha Dairy ice cream. I think I might be addicted to the Black raspberry thunder :canadian:

Gonna be a noisy weekend. Virtually no privacy at all between campsites so you'll be staring at your campfire and as well as everyone else's.

Honestly, if I was going to haul a tinny up there, I'd keep it on the trailer and take it to Opeongo or some other lake for the day.

Gonna be a noisy weekend. Virtually no privacy at all between campsites so you'll be staring at your campfire and as well as everyone else's.

Honestly, if I was going to haul a tinny up there, I'd keep it on the trailer and take it to Opeongo or some other lake for the day.

This is a much better idea. Load all your gear into the tinny and camp backcountry on Opeongo. Great fishing and no crowds sort of.