Orlando fishing in April guide recommendations

mistaredone

I have two weeks in Orlando in early April and looking to do some bass fishing. I've rented on Turkey lake before and fished ponds but this year I was looking for a guide trip or rent a bass boat. My budget is $400, I have a car and willing to drive and I'm also considering salt water out of cocoa beach or Tampa but I'm guessing $400 won't get me much for that price.

For $400 I'd be fishing the flats for reds, snook and whatever else if out there. Just something else for you to consider :)

Yeah, seems a better value than $400 for a bass fishing guide. Ideally id rent a bass boat but I've found nothing on the net. I'll look into an inshore guide

Try this site http://www.fishaddix.com/. I got some useful information and was successful.

in Jacksonville , Fl, not too far from orlando, less than 1 hr, there is a Guana dam that situated between saltwater and fresh water, info was posted on this site. http://myfwc.com/viewing/recreation/wmas/lead/guana-river/visitor-information/

A nice beach (shore fishing) with shower and washroom for free as well just 5 minute walk from the dam. There were fresh water trout with teeth around 5lber and other fish to be caught since there were baitfish entering the dam. There were also fresh blue crab of decent site to be caught or bought from locals for $1. I was wading with swimming short up to my waste and fishing at the same time, it was cool. I witness some fish landed by others while shore fishing at the beach area. they just casted using shrimp or other cut up bait bought from walmart, then coarse fish, rod holder to be burried on the sandy ground can be bought (or home made)for around $10 at local shop. There is a BPS somewhere there. This Dam is one spot I would definitely go back again on my next trip. I was the only tourist that bought the freshwater license sold at the convenience store beside the entrance to the dam and park that day,(free parking at the convenience store). Non of the other anglers bought the license, after I enquired, and some were from out of state .

To learn to surf fish ,watch this video . shot at Baha mexico

Other place to fish were on bridges at jacksonville or most water front, check this http://www.fishaddix.com/ site again. very informative site. There were lots of mackerel to be caught by locals, I was just observing the anglers while my wife sat on the car waiting. I try to be reasonable when I travel with my wife to not be too obsess with fishing, I witness a 50+lb tarpon jumped right up when others were fishing at the bridge. then a 7-8 lb shark was landed as well, that same moment I was there for roughly 15 minutes time frame. This was before it got dark. We stayed at Jacksonville for a night, I was using hotelcoupons.com walk in rate every time I travel to USA to get excellent deal on motels. I will call the motel 1/2 hr ahead of our arrival to ensure they have room for that rate, the coupon generally work all throughout the year, except during summer months then these rate run out very fast by 2pm.

check email for tampa bay

Josh

Edited by bassfighter

Mosquito lagoon sounds like a great idea. In the general area and re fishing would be awesome there.

I have been in Florida in the spring and summer in Marco island a few times. Great flyfishing I the beaches for snook!!!! Good times and sight fishing 2-30' from the sand. That is a cheap alternative.

Landry

I'm in Cocoa beach later in March and will be on Mosquito lagoon hopefully 2 days. Booked a 3/4 day with a guide and we're gonna try to split that for reds in the morning and then head out off the beach for cobia

I would highly recommend Captian Randy Dumars of Randy's Saltwater Specialties. Randy took my son and I out for bass out of a fresh water lake out near Kissimee (orlando area) back in 2009 and got us in to some really good bass 8-10 if memory serves with 2, 7 lbers. He was a great guy and great with my 13 year old boy, he even let him drive the bass boat on the way back to dock and let my son watch and catch a 2 lb bass on live bait at the dock that had come looking when the boat stirred up the bottom when he put the boat on the trailer. Randy also speciallizes in shore salt water fishing and he can tell you what it is best to go for in April. If you check out the website below $400 bucks will get you a 6hr day which is pretty reasonable for a 1-2 person guide. I would go back out with captain Randy again as he goes above and beyond for his clients and he know this area real well.

http://www.fl-fish-guides.com/guide-rates-orlando.htm

• 3 weeks later...