Daiwa Samurai??

chong

Have been using 55lb for the past few years for pitching and flipping. Pretty soft and strong, and it doesn't discolor (I use green) or fray as quickly as Power Pro from my experience.

On the other hand because of the softness of the line I've experienced a little more wind knots when casting.

I've never used any lighter pound test for long casting though so I can't comment on that.

I wonder how some of the expensive Japanese braids stack up against everyday PowerPro... I don't mind spending $$$ on line, but there's gotta be a definite difference between the two, lol.

I've used Sunline sx1 and fx. Like them both better than PP. Can usually score a deal when they run b1g1 promotions. Haven't tried the more expensive stuff because I use fluoro on most setups.

I tried 30lb 5yrs ago and it stayed on my reel 1 day, broke off like nothing even with my drag backed off.

X2! The spool survived less then 50 casts before i tore it off out of anger. Made a promise to myself not to cheat on my PP last year, as shes always been so good to me. But it always seems like whenever i buy a new reel, i want to try a new kind of line on it... Wasted a lot of $$$ that way!

X2! The spool survived less then 50 casts before i tore it off out of anger. Made a promise to myself not to cheat on my PP last year, as shes always been so good to me. But it always seems like whenever i buy a new reel, i want to try a new kind of line on it... Wasted a lot of $$$ that way!

Wow, I guess i'll stick with PP.