New to the Area (whitby)

fish eh

Hello Everyone

I am new to the GTA and new to fishing in this area. I am living in Whitby with my girlfriend and am unable to work until my visas come though so have a lot of spare time. I have done a lot of fishing back home in England and want to fill my time fishing here. I have fished a bit up north in the Haliburton area with some success and since the ice has arrive I've struggled. But I don't really get much time to fish up there. I really want to find some places around Whitby to fish. Both now though the ice and places that will be good spring onward.

I'm happy doing any type of fishing. If anyone could give me any advice on where to try and tips. I would greatly appreciate it. Also if anyone needs a companion to share gas money or share driving, I can get access to a vehicle. Would be great to meet some local anglers.

Thanks

Neil

i live in whitby it has some ok shore fishing, however, durham region in general has some great shore fishing opprotunities, im not going to give away specific locations, but if you have a look at google maps, and follow the shore line of lake ontario, these opprotunities should stand out

I've lived in Whitby for 14 years and only recently began plying the harbour for fish. Plan to do it more often this year. As far as marinas go if you ask nicely and respect the property of others anything is possible.

I've lived in Whitby for 14 years and only recently began plying the harbour for fish. Plan to do it more often this year. As far as marinas go if you ask nicely and respect the property of others anything is possible.

I've tried my hand at fishing the whitby harbour... all I've caught from there is a cold. I hear there are nice fish that pass through... just haven't seen any.

I've tried my hand at fishing the whitby harbour... all I've caught from there is a cold. I hear there are nice fish that pass through... just haven't seen any.

Fish can be caught from the pier head to the ramp but you have to hope they swim by. A boat on the other hand..................Pike, Carp, Drum, Salmon, Trout, Smallmouth, Perch and even goby off an ultra light drop shot rig if you really want to kill some time and feed the gulls.

Edited by moxie