US post office box?

bass_man

First the story, then the favour.

I was looking to order about 500 mister twister grubs from their web site but found out that they wont ship to Canada due to their agreement with Brecks.

I contacted Brecks and was told that they do not accept direct orders due to their agreements with several retailers and that I should be able to get whatever I want from one of them.

unfortunately, the retailers don't carry the colours I want, and although they could probably order them in for me the cost per grub is about 60% higher than a direct order.

I know that the answer is simply to get a US address and go down and get them but, since I don't have a passport this option is not open to me.

Now the favour, would anyone in the Niagara to Hamilton region who has a US address be willing to allow me to use their address and pick them up for me? I could come and get them and I would be happy to share the goodies, and the beer would certainly be on me.

Thanks Jim

I am currently in Florida and will be leaving here next Friday Feb. 7th early am. If you can have them shipped to me at my motel, I'll bring them back to Lindsay for you no problem. From Lindsay it won't be hard to get them over to you. Just let me know if this would work for you and I'll give you my address here.

Cliff, I cant make it work. I appreciate your offer to help, it seems to me to be a reflection of just how decent a guy you are.

I contacted mister twister this morning and explained the situation and requested that they send the order out on a currier to make sure it would arrive in time. The response was that they do not use curriers. I wasn't about to trust the order to the postal service so I didn't place the order.

Cliff I will make other arrangements but I still wanted to make sure you understood how grateful I am for your efforts.

Jim

They are in Minden La, almost at the Texas border.

My youngest daughters, husbands, father, if you can follow that, lives in Reno, I'll have the order shipped to him and he can FedEX it to me. It will be here in a couple of weeks, No problem.

Just getting antssy to do something while waiting for the water to soften, so I thought I would make up a hundred or so spinners. Still have plenty of time so like I said no problem.

Thanks again Cliff, one of my trips back to Belleville to visit my middle sized daughter I will stop in to Lindsay and buy you that beer anyway.

Jim