Installing Fluorescent Light.

fisher

Just bought a 120 V 8 foot long fluorescent light fixture from kijiji and it has 4 wires coming out of it. A red, black, green and white.

My plan is to connect a 3 prong plug to it so I can plug it into a times outlet. Anyone know how I need to connect these wires to the plug (I am used to 3 wires, but am confused with the four) .

Does the fact that the fixture has 8 four foot lights have any significance to the number of wires/ wiring?

Just bought a 120 V 8 foot long fluorescent light fixture from kijiji and it has 4 wires coming out of it. A red, black, green and white.

My plan is to connect a 3 prong plug to it so I can plug it into a times outlet. Anyone know how I need to connect these wires to the plug (I am used to 3 wires, but am confused with the four) .

Does the fact that the fixture has 8 four foot lights have any significance to the number of wires/ wiring?

You sure it might not be 220v?,check the ballast to be sure.

Wow you guys are good. Came home and sure enough 347 volts. They guy I bought them from says he got them from work and didn't realize it but is going to take them back. Too bad because they are nice lights.

Anyone here know if they would still work in a 120 volt outlet or will that ruin the ballasts or my house?

Wow you guys are good. Came home and sure enough 347 volts. They guy I bought them from says he got them from work and didn't realize it but is going to take them back. Too bad because they are nice lights.

Anyone here know if they would still work in a 120 volt outlet or will that ruin the ballasts or my house?

Need a 120v ballast,and then rewired.Maybe time to buy new.You can buy a new fixture with ballast for just a bit more than buying a new ballast alone.