Local Canadian Tire is sold out of ....

Entropy

Entropy, take the drive to Lindsay, (the roads are fine) I've delivered 50 or so skids of salt there in the past 2 weeks including 22 this morning,(just my truck there are others making the trip as well) I was the most popular guy in Ottawa at a couple stores today when I showed up with salt this afternoon.

Problem with the salt is that ALL the roads into Goderich where the salt mine is, were closed last week from Monday afternoon until Wednesday night. Cost me a run out east as well as the other 60 or so trucks that would be hauling it each day for 2and a half days....

Entropy, take the drive to Lindsay, (the roads are fine) I've delivered 50 or so skids of salt there in the past 2 weeks including 22 this morning,(just my truck there are others making the trip as well) I was the most popular guy in Ottawa at a couple stores today when I showed up with salt this afternoon.

Problem with the salt is that ALL the roads into Goderich where the salt mine is, were closed last week from Monday afternoon until Wednesday night. Cost me a run out east as well as the other 60 or so trucks that would be hauling it each day for 2and a half days....

I've been in Lindsay 5 times in the last 2 weeks, wife works there every day, Yep roads are roads.

Got 5 bags of salt yesterday.

My brother-inlaw's brother lives in Cambray (small town /intersection just outside Lindsay)and has drives for a bunch of different companies over the years (AZ dump). He is lucky to get work in the winter hauling salt to re-supply townships. I'm sure there is a bit of a push on right now, eh.

Hey, when did the Lindsay store stop selling milk, that was kind of convenient.

Thanks for the info.

Costco charges by the litre to fill the propane tanks . Last fill up was just around $10 for me. When the expiry date is close you could do an exchange for a newer one and then go back to costco... the exchange company will recertify the tank and put it back into service...

yep, the old olco there beside the dorms, they used to be $16

I used to work there, way back.

Costco charges by the litre to fill the propane tanks . Last fill up was just around $10 for me. When the expiry date is close you could do an exchange for a newer one and then go back to costco... the exchange company will recertify the tank and put it back into service...

Then it is a deal, I've been thinking of getting a membership, and one of my trio is now expired. What is the exchange cost at Costco?

These things happen because we allow them to. It never ceases to amaze me how we are led around by our noses and swallow everything corps and governments feed us and don't do anything about it. They change things to cut costs, sometimes at our own peril and we blindfully accept them. They funnel us into every facet of life like cattle and we just bow our heads and clop along in a row in total acceptance.

I thought we lived in the first world? If the internet or the cable was down we'd be on the phone within seconds whining and demanding the world while threatening to unleash our fury on anyone who failed to rectify the problem but with things of real importance we just meow, moo and bah.

Power of the masses I think not. More like the powerful stench of conformity.

Edited by moxie

propane prices go up and down at Costco depending on the market price.. The Ancaster store charges by the litre and most times the tank isn't fully empty to begin with. I then use a mr buddy adapter to refill the 1 lb tanks.(then tested with soapy water) so it costs about 60 cents for a 1 lb bottle. You have to take care to store them outside as well..