Change of pace: taking a kid fishing

ehg

Instead of going for pike, pickerel and other sportfish thought i'd take my 4 yr. old out panfishing.

Used the microtube with a float, bit of worm and she caught fish all day.

Actually took her to spot on the Otanabee where i've had success with crappie and sunfish

which i guess we were actually targeting. We didn't catch any of them however.

Anyways it was non-stop 6-8 inch rock bass all day with a few dink perch thrown in.

Some pics.

IMG_0004-5.jpg

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0005-3.jpg

There was a bit of boat activity we saw maybe 3 boats go by this long weekend.

IMG_0007-2.jpg

There was this Heron hanging around us for awhile. I slipped into the water and it took off.

It was quietly back a moment later. My daughter started throwing rocks in the river and it took off,

only to be back shortly after.

IMG_0003-6.jpg

So she had a awesome day finding bugs,dragonflies, breaking worms and catching rock bass,

in a relatively quiet area. Good times!

cheers,

ehg

It's great to sit back and watch a child fish. Seeing their faces when they catch something is priceless. I dont get to fish much when I have my 5 yr old out, but my fishing is secondary when she's laughing and catching panfish after panfish. Thanks for sharing! Great pics! I'll be taking my daughter out this morning....and I'm sure she'll outfish me again....haha.

It's great to sit back and watch a child fish. Seeing their faces when they catch something is priceless. I dont get to fish much when I have my 5 yr old out, but my fishing is secondary when she's laughing and catching panfish after panfish. Thanks for sharing! Great pics! I'll be taking my daughter out this morning....and I'm sure she'll outfish me again....haha.

Yes, thats true my child had the time of her life while i spent my time attending to her.

Lots of things to do untangle lines, retie jigs after snags, unhooking fish etc...i didn't fish.

When i wasn't paying attention for 10 seconds she threw a rock bass in the fire a couple made.

Anyways lotsa fun.

Thanks for replies.

ehg