GPS Apps for Android

tapout

After lurking for the last six weeks or so and anticipating getting out to do some ice fishing I am going to give it a go tomorrow.

I've been wondering about saving gps locations when out on the hard water with my phone. The phone I have is a Kyocera Rise

if that makes any difference. Just want a simple app that works, but when doing a search on Google Playstore I'm left scratching

my head with which one to get. Any suggestions?

after downloading the navionics app to my samsung s3,i also added the app to my asus 10 inch tablet at no extra charge.this tablet has a built in gps receiver ,therefore no wifi or data plan needed for it to function.other than viewing it in direct sunlight[jacket over the head ] and waterproofing[common sense and a ziplock baggie] you can,t beat the versatility and price for a 10 inch chart plotter with software

There is one called "my fishing companion" as well where you can mark spots and even include a picture of the spot and a description. It is more of a journal but I've used it many times as a GPS locator for old spots as well.

Get the full version or just get the navionics.. much more in depth but I was too cheap for that! Lol

OruxMaps is the only GPS app I would use on my phone, but I like free and I like controlling the maps that I use. I doubt any potential advantages Navionics has would even help me on the lakes I fish.

But nowadays I have an actual Garmin GPS unit anyhow.