Simcoe report. GERRIT alert!

BFSC Kevin

so, a month ago a friend suggest we go fishing with a bunch of friends, so i agreed and started to plan some things for it.

supposely we had 8 guys going, then they all bailed out on me, and only 4 including myself were still going, so i invited my family to go aswell.

5am - wake up

6:40am - left house

7:25am - arrive at holland landing to some marinas which i found on some sites that said they do boat rentals, went to albert's marina, halfway haven, solider marina, some other ones, NONE had any!!! the reason one gave me was that it was too costly on insurance and not enough profit.

9:10- gave up on the search and headed to keswick, where i was prety sure harry had boat rentals, but wasn't sure if they were like the rest and stopped renting the boats.

but this had nothng to do with me, i had my own boat, just that it couldn't fit all 7 in.

paid $7 for the launch, got all ready for launch, set the boat into the water, but wait.. the boat won't go from the trailer, WHY?!??!

holy mack!! i forgot to take the strap around the motor that i had for the transom saver off... :wallbash: :wallbash:

as i figured that out while looking around, and did a quick turn to get back into the car, i smack my head right into the corner of the door, i stood there for a good 5 seconds not moving in pain :wallbash: :wallbash: .

finally got the boat in and all is good, right?

not qiute..

so with my family in my boat and the friends renting the boat.

we head off to go into cooksbay.

I go speeding off with my 20hp and they having the rental 9.9, i was wondering, still what took them that long. so i turn my head, and i see them floating around, i yell, "whats going?!?!?!"

in response i get, " the motor is broken"

oh please, so i ran back over to check it out, i ask him some things (neutral, in starting position, primed, hose plugged in, if they pumped the primer alot????), and he said all was in good order, so came to the conclusion that it was flooded. but after a bit of time, it still did not work.

so i ended up towing them back, harry jumped on the boat and found the problem right away, the tank hose was loose.

so great, problem solved!!!

off we go again, but wait.. what?? the motor is only revving and not moving???

oh man.. this is getting very annoying, we once again head back to harrys, this time the motor was actually "broken", so they traded for another one to use.

after that, finally we got to head out in the beating sun for some fishing!

fished for a couple of hours with minnows, worms and me with cranks.

notta, changed location, notta.

damn! the sun was quite hot, so we head back to get some food and rest.

but me and one friend head out while the others stayed at shore and he caught a little bass. finally some success, but on the berkley gulp.. great stuff.

time to head back to pick up the others...

back again with everyone at that spot and we catch a few different species at that spot, too bad no gps to mark it.

mostly caught on the gulp stuff, perch, sunfish, big rock bass, cat fish and the oos largemouth that were put back right away.

here are a few pics....

i was just taking a pic of that sky there, with the rays shinning through the clouds and i see this bass boat speeding by, thought it was a nice shot and took it. whatcha think??

gallery_905_249_40017.jpg

a bud with his biggest legal catch of the day

med_gallery_905_249_40361.jpg

another bug with his biggest legal catch of the day

med_gallery_905_249_18306.jpg

my only contribution to the team for now.. lol.. i hope it doesn't stay long..

gallery_905_249_52829.jpg

didn't hook into any pike, saddly.

but overal good day on the water.