Gotta luv kijiji

lew

anyone feel they are potentially supporting a black market of stolen goods by purchasing items that are "too good to be true deals" on KIJIJI/Craigs List/ Etc?

I read an article this past summer from a thief that was eventually caught where he explained he sold all his stolen items on KIJIJI.

Well yes there is tons of scams out there on all those for sale websites !!! But I would never buy a big ticket item without all the documents anyways and yes usually if it sounds too good to be true than it probably is !!!! I had a guy call about my boat and said he would transfer money into my account and send a guy to pick up my boat at the same time !!!! I told him to

and hung up the phone !!!! Haha so ya you just have to be careful and smart that's all !!! But yes if you know something is worth say $2,000 and he wants it gone fast right away and only wants $400 and has to have the money right now and fast and has no address and stuff well yes then it's probly stolen or a scam !!!!!

Edited by aplumma
stop cussing or mock cussing

Amazing how some freely give out private details online like addresses and phone numbers to anyone who asks!!! Unreal.

The rules are simple;

* after a few emails of qualifying the buyer, ask for his phone number

* call them and if possible meet in a public place, has station, Tim's, or mall parking lot

* exchange nothing but cold, hard, cash.

That's it, pretty simple.

That's what was crazy.... I did get low ballers on line, so I either ignored or asked them if they are smoking something LOL!..

...but the real frustrating people were the ones that showed up and offered like 1500-2000 (for a 5yr old cert'd car) and want me to bend over backwards to help them get it on the road CRAZY!!!!

One guy even wanted me to get him plates and drive it to scarborough for him ....

Kijiji is not much different from anything else. The weird walk among us! I think you an usually tell on a phone call if you are dealing with a straight up guy/gal or someone trying to jerk you around. When we last moved it was quite useful in giving away a bunch of 'student grade' furniture. We could have gotten a few bucks I guess if we wanted to deal with a bunch of e-mails and phone calls. On a lighter note---I put something up for free not long ago. Somebody asked me if I could deliver it to Innisfil at 5PM that day!! Everyone's a comedian!!!

....the worst part is having to use your email,and then you get tons of spam junk mail crap...but its worth it for sure and its free....

Simple, Don't use your real email! Especially if it has your full name on the email, any idiot can look up your address in Canada 411 and as I mentioned in an earlier post when I started my clean up I just created a yahoo email account with a generic name. (ideas... "Cleaning up", "Is it Friday yet", "Wishing I was Fishing"....) You can block the idiots easily, the idiots don't know your real name and you can check it when you want... the select all and delete works wonders :) if you haven't used it for awhile.

I'm selling two Three wheelers right now. One guy emailed me three times asking "you stil hav hondAs?". On the last occasion I emailed him back and said the bank transfer had been completed, I received his money and that he could pick up the machines whenever he felt like it.

It's not just kijiji I get people wanting me to drive 20 min- a hour away to meet them to sell them one lure. As much as I like to meet people and be supported I cant justify burning more in gas then I would make.

I have met people out on LSC to deliver my baits as well as used baits that I had on sale using the message boards that happens all the time.

I have had great dealings with kijiji buying and selling. One of the best was lead to make sinkers they had 60 lbs for $60 obo I offered $30 they agreed so I drove 20 min to meet them when I got there they did not have 60lbs it totalled 183lbs I think I won that round.

Edited by Mike P.