Saturday eve/ night walleye report, no pictures

chris.brock

no pictures, it was too cold and rainy to bother to get the camera out

nice time of the year, I only saw one other boat on a popular lake, I over-dressed and was fine in the cold drizzle,

I caught 4, 2 were decent but the regs say they had to go back, so they did

it's just a fish story but it was a highlight for me, trolling (mono line), it felt like my crank bait imbedded itself into a wall of weeds, put the motor in neutral, and began to pull the clump of weeds slowly towards the boat, after a few seconds I felt big, slow head shakes, I didn't have the sense to set the hook, continued reeling, then gone, urgghh, water was 43 degrees and this fish just sat like a log

if "if's" and "but's" were chocolates and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas

Good sense of humour, Chris. Healthy weed always give you a decent head shake. :) Would have been nice to see it though.

yes it does Roy (Hahaha)

Were you in a Jon boat drifting when a couple of guys on shore asked how you were doing?

Hilarious, OFC continues to amaze me, nice to meet you guys last night, lets keep the name of the lake in our pocket though, there's enough guys out there,

what were you guys thinking, "look at this redneck cruising around in the dark"? Hahaha

Ahhhhh.... That sucks...

I like braid for my walleye trolling... Feel way more.... You can even feel them nosing your cranks while trolling 150 feet back... You can also feel a weed the size of a blade of grass with the braid... Try 10lb power pro with a 36" leader of 20lb mono or flourocarbon sometime... You won't be disappointed... And it'll hold up... Landed a 50" musky Friday morning while trolling for walleye with this set up...