Stuff ya see when you don't have a camera ready

Fisherman

Picture this: A short box Chevy with one of those drop in plastic liners. Then comes the load, no ropes or straps, I'm conservatively estimating about a dozen sheets of chipboard, a little less than a dozen sheets of something else(maybe drywall), a bunch of looong 2x4's, 2x6's 4x4's, a "few" bundles of shingles, strategically placed at the rear of the load topped off with at least 4 of those big cement deck blocks with the cross in the top. I guess the deck blocks were to "hold down" the shingles and keep them from flying away at highway speed. Here we are, me following this jaboni westbound down Tiffin St and onto highway 90 westbound, neither road is smooth by any stretch of the imagination, every little bump has this truck porpoising up and down near doing wheelies. The light turns red at 90 and 27 at the Garden gallery, fortunately there's a double straight lane/right turn lane I get into to get past this guy. Light turns green, I roll off, Jaboni gets on the gas, a very loud wham/slap and does the best executed combat download I've ever seen. Dumped the whole load pretty much in the intersection. I wonder, if the load would have stayed in the truck if he would have attached an oversize red flag on the back? Did I stop to help him, nope, you just can't help stupid..

I watched a guy in a full size van with a steel "I" beam strapped to the roof make a quick stop behind a 4 door sedan at an intersection here in Ottawa. The beam was probably in the 300-400lb range, 14-18' long and it snapped the tie straps and went right through the back window of the sedan into the back seat. If someone had been in the back seat it would have killed them instantly for sure.

There is stupid and then there is criminally stupid.

:dunno::o

I watched a roofer with an old pick up truck go into a road rage at the car in front of him. When the slow moving car in front of him turned right, the roofer took off like a bat out of he'll not realizing that there were speed humps on the road. When the pick up hit the speed hump te entire rack in the trucks bucket flew up and out sending all of his tools and equipment onto the road... I couldn't help but drive by and laugh

Knowingly leaving that person/accident with a pile of tools on the street that it may have caused another accident. Could have made you responsible as well for any accident that may have resulted, just laughing and driving on by.

Specially if you were in a cruiser.

:)