Fish lift tonight 5pm -7:30pm

fishindevil

ask that question to the people that are responsible and exploit their incompetence with the timeline of why they have been delaying the project...i agree they shouldnt do anything while the fish are in the river but does it make sense its on hold right now because of concern to killing fish??? FIsh lying dead on the dam apron or caught in the fence are hardly natural deaths..I think the MNR should be charging the owner of the Dam for violations to the habitation/ migration of the salmon...wasted time and effort that so many have worked so hard to achieve a thriving salmon fishery....

Yeah, the original contractor had to back out due to time constraints(late start), and they can't find one now to do the job within their budget.

Its not even fisher people that are doing it. I'm not sure how valleys 2000 got involved, but they are holding the money. Supposedly.

This is the second season its been closed. Last fall, this past spring, and now this fall. I heard a rumour that something may happen mid-late october, but who knows.

Its a mess down there, that's all I know.

The sad part is they had good intentions. The new fishway is going to be a huge improvement. Most of the material is there already too.

I wish they'd just blow it up and leave it natural, but that's just my opinion.

S.

was down there today.....what a mess, and way too many people fishing.

no construction while fish in the river....so that means it won't be done til next summer, since the steel are moving in now

why not divert the flow around the dam buy cutting trough the groung, tnt the dam and block off the diversion, problem solved lol