Deep Water Largemouth Jigging ?

4x4bassin

I have become a lake trout jigging addict , help please ,well not really . It is a hell of a good time to say the least . Anyways ,in the next couple weeks I will be heading up to do

a little fall largemouth fishing in the backwoods of central Ontario and was wondering if anyone here has been successful at deep water (10-30ft) jigging for good old bucket

mouth. Don't get me wrong we always catch our fish on this annual trip but I would like to maybe try this pattern on this lake cause I can guarantee these fish have not seen a jig

this deep at this time of the year . I have heard of deep water jigging for smallmouth but nothing on largemouth so , If anyone would like to share there experiences or tips with

me (us) in regards to this pattern I would appreciate it , Thanks

I have caught largemouth and smallmouth in the same spots in 20 feet of water at Pointe Au Baril in mid to late September. Just my thought is they follow the food, one day you get them on buzzbaits is the pads and the next day they seem to be gone from the pads.

Also got them deep on Lake Erie, 15 - 20 feet fishing for smallies in September and October, even into November. A tube worked deep, blade bait like a vibee of heddon sonar, drop shot, slow rolled spinnerbait.

Yes, don't be afraid to throw BIG jigs deep for LM.....if that is where they are. 3/4 oz football jigs with full sized trailers work for me until the water cools down, then I start to downsize. Truth be told, I usually only do it if I have a big jig already tied on from fishing shallower. If I were going to specifically target the deeper LM, I would normally be throwing a spoon or blade bait.

pegged largies in lower niagara shallower than the smallies this past weekend. Mind you i was dropshot/deep crankbait. 10ft or so feet LMB, smallies 20-30ft. Dont see why u wouldnt get them if you find a concentration of them.

temp and green weed play a HUGE role wherever u are fishing thats for sure. As you stated, you know the area and catch, so go to your milk runs and give it a try, it shouldnt hurt?!

good luck