Need an estimate on a used boat

danc

I should clarify something about this situation. I do know a little bit about the history of this package including it's performance level and maintainance records because I am a co owner of it and have been since it was bought new in 01. I am simply trying to buy my partner out and want to know what a reasonable offer will be. I have that info now, thanks to you guys. I think I'll low ball him and tell him that you guys said it was worth 6 grand. Whatever it's worth I'll only be paying half, since I already own the other half. Wish me luck. :whistling:

Find a good divorce lawyer, He may end up giving you a monthly stipend.... :canadian:

Seriously??

$8500???

This coming from the same guys who said a 20 boat with a 2 year old 115 etec with 3 year warranty,a 9.9 pro kicker with full controls, ipilot 80 24v, hds7, new Gal trailer with brakes and all the extras you could think about for only $8000-$10000. :sarcasm:

For a 12 year old boat with a 60 four stroke bare bones. I'd say $6000 to start, with top price of $7500.

a few years back I bought a 17 princecraft with a 50Johnson on it, fully loaded with a new trailer for $4000.

I guess it's all what someone is willing to pay

Edited by muskymatt

Bring it to your closest marina and ask them how much they will take it for then add 25 to 30% on top of their price. My guess is around $7000. Does it come with any electronics or trolling motor? Those can affect the selling price significantly.

Good luck with the sale.

There is no trolling motor, electronics, or closest marina. So 6 grand it is.

if its rated for a 90hp max and its only got a 60hp,its still quite under powered and you will notice that for sure 2 guys with gear and tackle and gas trolling motor a few batteries...see where im going with this??? nothing worse than an under powered boat, i would always go with the max rated for the boat then its there when you need the power in my opinion you will regret not having the extra get up and go that the boat was designed for...

I dunno about "needing" the max HP each boat is rated for. My G3 Angler (bow mount, 3 batteries, lots of gear) has a 90 on it and it gets up on plane very quick with two guys and a full livewell up front and it's rated for a 150. The only time i'd like a bit more power is when I have 4 people in the boat and i'm towing someone on the knee or wake board.

I think the aftermarket prop may have something to do with how quick it planes, but I'm not sure as I never tried the stock aluminum prop.

Seriously??

$8500???

This coming from the same guys who said a 20 boat with a 2 year old 115 etec with 3 year warranty,a 9.9 pro kicker with full controls, ipilot 80 24v, hds7, new Gal trailer with brakes and all the extras you could think about for only $8000-$10000. :sarcasm:

For a 12 year old boat with a 60 four stroke bare bones. I'd say $6000 to start, with top price of $7500.

a few years back I bought a 17 princecraft with a 50Johnson on it, fully loaded with a new trailer for $4000.

A 20 year old boat is still a 20 year old boat no matter what kind of goodies you put on it, lol.

I dunno about "needing" the max HP each boat is rated for. My G3 Angler (bow mount, 3 batteries, lots of gear) has a 90 on it and it gets up on plane very quick with two guys and a full livewell up front and it's rated for a 150. The only time i'd like a bit more power is when I have 4 people in the boat and i'm towing someone on the knee or wake board.

I think the aftermarket prop may have something to do with how quick it planes, but I'm not sure as I never tried the stock aluminum prop.

I've seen the "you must max out your motor or you'll be sorry" thing on here at least a million times. Unless you're a tourney guy where getting from point A to point B is critical, I disagree. I often fish with, or travel with 3 guys and gear in my rig and I get the same power up and top end speed as I do with only me in the boat. So I just don't get it either.

Seriously??

$8500???

Your boat appeals to a limited market, much like your hockey team.

Dan's boat is more appealing to a larger market and has key words such as Lund and Four Stroke.

Dan's boat is also much less likely to disappoint him in the spring, unlike your hockey team.

I've seen the "you must max out your motor or you'll be sorry" thing on here at least a million times. Unless you're a tourney guy where getting from point A to point B is critical, I disagree. I often fish with, or travel with 3 guys and gear in my rig and I get the same power up and top end speed as I do with only me in the boat. So I just don't get it either.

It really depends on the boat. My boat is powered to 85% of its rating and I would really benefit from maxing out or beyond due to such a steep deadrise. Best I can do is 43.4mph because it's the equivalent of trying to keep a knife on plane. On the plus side, I can do 40+ in a 3' chop while sipping my coffee.

As a rule of thumb, you're better off to max out and not need than to risk being underpowered. I didn't have an option when I bought mine because it was a non-current package deal. I can live with 43mph and keep $10k in my pocket.