Waterproofing Gore Tex

4x4bassin

I have a couple jackets and pants that need to be treated to get there water repellency back to normal . I have done the sprays and wash ins before but they don't seem to work very well . They seem to "wet out" way to fast compared to when they were new . I know I will probably not get the repellency back to when they were new but there must be something out there that works . Anyone here like to share some ideas/techniques or products that you have personally used that worked well .

Thanks

Similar to what has already been stated, Nikwax or Revivex. Personally I've had the best luck with Nikwak wash-in products.

I first clean with this:

http://www.mec.ca/product/4004-475/nikwax-tech-wash-cleaner/?f=10+50544

Then waterproof with this:

http://www.mec.ca/product/4003-388/nikwax-tx-direct-wash-in-waterproofer/?f=10+50544

I just treated my Simms G4 jacket before this trip and it stood up all day to heavy rains without wetting-out!

IMG_20130907_123341_zps1a361fcc.jpg

Edited by wallacio

If it's wetting out too quickly, after applying the cleaning/treating products, it might be time to send them in for warranty. If the manufacturer won't honour the warranty, Gore will definitely honour their materials used for the jacket/pants.

I had that happen to my jacket and I sent it in, they ran a few tests, and I received a brand new jacket. In cases like this, you do get what you pay for.

Edited by FrankTheRabbit