Fall Smallies Firing Up!

EC1

Had a weekend day up at my buddies cottage up in Bancroft, and was super excited to go up as I've heard from my friends that don't fish very often that they caught quite a few smallmouth on a senko.

Myself, on the other hand was excited about using jerkbaits and having fish chase - so that is what I threw the majority of the day. Trying out my new jerkbait 100 from Duo Realis, I can honestly say that Duo is becoming one of my favourite brands in terms of hard baits. The day was windy, and controlling the boat with a trolling motor in the back of the boat became quite a hassle. The problem was, it seemed that the fish bit much better if there was wind compared to it being flat calm.

Here's a video of the few jerkbait fish that I was able to catch on camera. The last fish that I lost was easily a 4 pounder - too bad I never got another one that size on camera. At least I was glad that I put the rest of my buddies onto a few fish - mainly on senkos and swimbaits.

http://youtu.be/5TyNpQOpggo

Edited by EC1

Nice man! I picked up a bunch of Duo Realis Pencil 85's a few weeks ago.. Everything seems to like them (bass, pike, whatever).. Really nice topwater bait that casts a mile

I'll have to look into their jerk baits.

Edited by BillM

Nice vid Edwin. Which model of GoPro are you using? This winter can we try dropping it 120ft down into Simcoe? :D

Nice!

You are the last person I would expect to take vids.

X2...I'm surprised in this 3 minute video you didn't manage to hook or cut yourself. Your blood is still on my auger handle and it won't come off :(

That duo realis is insane !!!! My buddy has been using it as his go to crank and the smallies just crush it !!!! He was using it last weekend and it outfished everything else !!!! The action is great and after seeing it work I am ordering a few of them for sure !!!!! I can't wait to hit simcoe in a few weeks with them !!!! Nice vid too !!! They are worth every penny for sure !!!! And there is some new bass cranks that are going to hit the market anytime now that are going to change the game !! Thanks for sharing !!!!