Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

I'm not sure PK's reward is worth the risk. Doesn't mean he doesn't get named, just not sure he'll play much.

Funny, we usually have not enough Right hand D-men this year it seems like it is the other way.

They said if PK makes the team he would have been the 7th or 8th man.

I think Subban is a big mistake, he's a showboater who lets his emotions drive his play. Watched the game last night and Subban tried to be a one man show, until he started running into his own players. So what's he going to be? A 7th or 8th guy who plays under 7 min a game? That will piss him off and he'll be a distraction to the rest. Let him mature a few years, then try him. Right now, he's too selfish, too unpredictable and a hot head who takes too many penalties.

Well if not Price then who Brian??? and don`t tell me Bernier

Who has the better percentage? Who plays in front a 40 shot team and still wins?

Bernier

Give him a team in front of him and the wins will be easy.

Price is no where near the top of his game. Either is Lego. :w00t:

Edited by Misfish

Who has the better percentage? Who plays in front a 40 shot team and still wins?

Bernier

I'll agree that Bernier is better than Remier but he shouldnt be on team Canada. Leafs had an easy first half schedule, now with tougher teams in the second half they are going to start losing games. Bernier won't be as good with a higher voulme of shot coming on net, especially in the olympics when everyone is a high calibre player. Mike Smith was a solid choice, i'm glad he was chosen. I wouldnt hesitate to throw him in net if Price starts to waver.

Bernier

Okay since you asked...Carey Price has better numbers but it is not always about the numbers if it was Josh Harding, Brian Elliott and Ben Scrivens would be the goalies!!!

And BTW Bernier avg. is 32 shots against and Price is 30

I think Subban is a big mistake, he's a showboater who lets his emotions drive his play. Watched the game last night and Subban tried to be a one man show, until he started running into his own players. So what's he going to be? A 7th or 8th guy who plays under 7 min a game? That will piss him off and he'll be a distraction to the rest. Let him mature a few years, then try him. Right now, he's too selfish, too unpredictable and a hot head who takes too many penalties.

While I am not a huge PK fan he is a very good player....I think he will be fine in the Olympic format and he will understand what his role is!!!