Pro/Am openings

misfish

For those that still want to try your hand at the pro/am,there are 25 openings left for Am,s..

The Rick Amsbury Memorial Pro Am

Presented by Shimano Canada

Lindsay, ON – Fleming College Foundation in partnership with Shimano Canada and the Competitive Sport Fishing League will be hosting the 1st Annual Rick Amsbury Memorial Pro Am beginning at 8 am on Wednesday, August 1st, 2007 at Rivera Park on Sturgeon Lake in Lindsay, Ontario.

Amateurs will be randomly paired with one of 100 professional anglers including such legends as Bob Izumi, Dave Mercer, Rocky Crawford, Mike Miller and many more! The event will include a buffet dinner after the tournament, amazing prizes for the top 20 teams including a fishing boat, provided by Lund Boats, motor provided by Mercury Marine and trailer provided by ShoreLand’r Trailers! The evening will also include a silent auction full of one-of-a-kind items. The cost for each amateur is $350. Andrew Pallotta of the Competitive Sport Fishing League will serve as the tournament organizer.

Rick Amsbury, was a leader in Canada’s outdoor community. He spent his free time fishing, hunting and selflessly teaching others about our outdoor heritage and the important difference our conservation legacy has made and continues to make to all Canadians. Rick dedicated his considerable professional talents and abilities to the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters, helping to make them the largest conservation organization in Canada. As Executive Director of the Canadian Sportfishing Industry Association, Rick led the initiative with government agencies coast to coast to promote fishing to people of all ages – especially young anglers.

Funds raised through this event will be matched by the Ontario Government and will contribute to the Rick Amsbury Memorial Student Bursary Fund. This $2,000 bursary is awarded each year to a full-time 2nd year student in the Fish & Wildlife Program who demonstrates an active involvement in both hunting & fishing and is in need of financial assistance in order to complete his/ her studies.

To register for the tournament please contact Andrew Pallotta at 905-640-2277 or by email at [email protected].

Edited by misfish

Guest mistyriver1

I fished my only Pro-am two years ago at a CSFL event on Scugog. Had a great time. My wife had arranged it for my 40th birthday. Got to fish with Pete Bowman. Andy (organizer) is a great guy.

if you can hold on to a fishing rod

if you can hang on to a boat going 120kph

then your skill level is good to go

so go and have fun, you will learn more in a day then in 2 years of fishing by yourself

One more skill you might need: Net fish skill :)

Right away you should ask your pro if he/she would like you to net the fish. I tended not to,as I didnt want to be the guy that knocked the big one off. :wallbash:

bowshep,go for it dude.You will have a great time.Just the ride alone is worth the price of admission.LOL :w00t:

Would love to give it a try, I can only imagine how much I could learn, sadly, though I'm sure it's worth it, the cost is too steep for me at the moment. If anyone goes, don't forget your camera and be prepared to give a long report :)

Maureen

What's the deal with this wed morning stuff? I have a feeling one key reason theres lots of am spots available is because most amateurs have jobs. That's the reason I won't be signing up.

Brandon I have no idea why,but atleast they are offering it.I would think because of all the series Andy runs,the weekends are all booked up.

What's the deal with this wed morning stuff? I have a feeling one key reason theres lots of am spots available is because most amateurs have jobs. That's the reason I won't be signing up.

Brandon, I'm sorry you can't make it because of work, maybe you could get sick for that one day :stretcher::P;) . There are loads of people, myself included, who work weekends, and therefore miss out on most of these things and more, therefore having it on a Wed. can be considered a good thing, it's all a matter of perspective I guess.

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr