Lake Erie Walleye Tournament results and report

SLA

We had 29 boats at our Lake Erie Walleye Tournament out of Pt Bruce this past Saturday. Great weather and fantastic fishing was enjoyed by all.
Congratulations to the Reel Busy team consisting of Darryl Crosset, Gavin Cameron, Jamie Fairles and Trent McIntee with 47.56lbs for a 6 fish box and also a 9.17lb 'eye for big fish bonus.

2nd place Capt. Doug Fairbanks with 44.36lbs

3rd place Abby Grace team with Capt Jamie Higgins with 44.00lbs

biggest Steelhead went to the Green Reeper team (Dave Moody) 5.32lbs

big thanks to Greg & his team @ North Erie Marina for hosting us again!

Our next upcoming event which everyone is welcome to is our "Catch the Fry" Salmon Tournament out of Port Dalhousie on Saturday Aug 24, details coming soon on that!

Those weights are awesome....

Yep sounds like a great day and nice weights.

Mike , been fishing the Walleye comeback on Erie since the late 80's. For a body of water that produces a mess of 7 to 9 pound fish, tens are very few and far between ad 12 are virtually unheard of, strange but you got a better chance at a truly big one up where your at.

Mike , been fishing the Walleye comeback on Erie since the late 80's. For a body of water that produces a mess of 7 to 9 pound fish, tens are very few and far between ad 12 are virtually unheard of, strange but you got a better chance at a truly big one up where your at.

Usually in our tournaments there might be 1-2 fish at 8+....

Never seen a 10 in a tourney here yet...

OK, thought you got big ones like Quinte does in the fall.

Not really...

Half our fish in the fall are 5-8 pounds... Some 9s and a couple over 10...So not really quinte size... But here getting 15-20 fish this size in a day in the fall is common for me... From what I've seen and results from my trips to quinte 2-5 walleye is common for most boats trolling in the fall....

So more action here but little smaller fish...

Edited by Mike Rousseau

Dave it's been a banner year here on Erie at the Long Point Bay Elbow. A small local tourney 2 weeks ago hosted at the Fisherville Fire Station raising funds for the Schumacher family that suffered a tragedy due to a house fire saw some monsters caught. Not many boats entered and saw the 1 day 2 fish total over 20lbs with both fish a tad over 10 each. 2nd place saw a 12.3lb fish entered with the second fish from that team just under 8. Imagine boating a 12 plus and coming in second? We had a 8 and 9 entered and didn't place!!!!!

I've seen many over 10 this year every week for the last month.

Keep an eye open for the Fisherville Schumacher tourney next summer, a great day for a great cause.

Great Old Ironmaker, I must have a 10 pound barrier :wallbash: set up , I fish the area between Port Colborne and Point Abino. Actually been fishing out of Port Colborne starting in the late 50's with dad, you know back when the world record came from just a few miles east of there at Fort Erie .