Walleyes Gone Wild! A Father And Son Fly In Trip With Hearst Air

solopaddler

Wow! that is an amazing post. You just posted my dream trip with my 11 year old son, he has the same enthusiasm of fishing as your young son and I have always told him that we will do a fly in together. My wife isn't big on fishing trips and my daughter is becoming more interested in girl things than the fishing. I have been told by the boss (wife) to arrange the fly in for myself and my son and send the girls on a spa weekend, I would like to do this before he gets to the age when I am not as cool as his friends anymore. If you wouldn't mind sending me a PM with some info on your trip, like a ballpark price of what that package cost you and type of tackle you packed. I have done boat in outposts before but I am a newbie to fly ins so it seems Hearst is high on your list, great posting and it looked like a father and son trip of a lifetime ( you are truly a good Father and have a great Son by the looks of it).

Edited by express168

Once again thanks for the comments gents, really glad you enjoyed it!

Wow! that is an amazing post. You just posted my dream trip with my 11 year old son, he has the same enthusiasm of fishing as your young son and I have always told him that we will do a fly in together. My wife isn't big on fishing trips and my daughter is becoming more interested in girl things than the fishing. I have been told by the boss (wife) to arrange the fly in for myself and my son and send the girls on a spa weekend, I would like to do this before he gets to the age when I am not as cool as his friends anymore. If you wouldn't mind sending me a PM with some info on your trip, like a ballpark price of what that package cost you and type of tackle you packed. I have done boat in outposts before but I am a newbie to fly ins so it seems Hearst is high on your list, great posting and it looked like a father and son trip of a lifetime ( you are truly a good Father and have a great Son by the looks of it).

I think it's a great idea! I'm more than happy to help, will send you a pm shortly.

Cheers

Great work Mike! We are honored to have hosted this very special trip with your son. I'm glad Sunshine lake provided you both with the memories and interrest to come back to the north for more.

I think the #1 positive out of this post is the inspiration to other readers to share the same experience with their kids. It is what it's all about. A million thanks to you for that.

Awesome write-up as usual, Mike. You have a real knack for tellin a good story & keeping your readers engaged.

You're right, too, in that this is unforgetable for kids. I have fond memories of similar trips in my youth :).

Let's see if we can make it a foursome next year!

p.-

Excellent report! I'm glad you had such an amazing trip.

I have the luxury of being good friends with Mel and the family at Hearst Air and can never say enough great things about their business and this type of fishing excursion.

I strongly recommend more fathers and families to do these types of fishing adventures with their children. It's what memories are made of ...and no better people to do it with than Mel, Mike and those members of Hearst Air.

I wasn't sure how soon to take the boy up there but you've definitely inspired me to start making those memories. They do last a lifetime!