Question on my aluminum boat...

ssauvain

You mean the inside bottom right?

If so there was one person here that did it,name escapes me,and I have a friend here that did the same and worked out nice,but did add a bit of wieght to the boat.

If you mean the outside bottom,I with Jen,why?

My question if inside wouldn't a dark color make it unbearable during the summer. I've only seen the truck bed spray on in dark colors. Just curious

Whopper

I just rented a 14 foot aluminim on Lake Scugog yesterday...it wasn't even that hot out but OUCH....the seats got hit real quick and you could feel the heat rising off of them. The seats were not even a dark colour...I couldn't imagine what a black interior would feel like in July/August on a sunny day.

I just rented a 14 foot aluminim on Lake Scugog yesterday...it wasn't even that hot out but OUCH....the seats got hit real quick and you could feel the heat rising off of them. The seats were not even a dark colour...I couldn't imagine what a black interior would feel like in July/August on a sunny day.

Cliff that reminds me of Kramer on Seinfeld when he fell a sleep on the roof sunbathing.

"Stick a fork in him he's done"

Cliff that reminds me of Kramer on Seinfeld when he fell a sleep on the roof sunbathing.

"Stick a fork in him he's done"

LOL...I felt like him at times...until a nice breeze came across the lake. I think our minnows began to boil though...

I think Irishfelder suggested to someone to paint the outside...maybe he meant the inside and I misunderstood....I thought the same thing about the heat! I have a very slight leak and thought it might stop it! :thumbsup_anim:

Oh oh here we go again with aluminum boat leaks.LOL

Wheres the leak bud?

Maybe just need to get a buddy and hammer down on the rivits.Simple as that.

Good luck with the leak fix.

I think Irishfelder suggested to someone to paint the outside...maybe he meant the inside and I misunderstood....I thought the same thing about the heat! I have a very slight leak and thought it might stop it! :thumbsup_anim:

ss do a search on leaky boats and what ever Wayne (Irishfield) said do!

Good luck!

My question if inside wouldn't a dark color make it unbearable during the summer. I've only seen the truck bed spray on in dark colors. Just curious

Whopper

Some of it comes in colors to match your truck now.... white wouldn't be hot to the touch.... but the reflection off it would cook you crispy!!!

Beans put I think 3 coats of paint on the outside of his boat, and as far as I know that sealed the leak....not sure what type of paint he used, maybe give him a PM and see what he says...if he doesn't answer you by tomorrow morning he will on Friday as he's going away for a few days.

Maureen