Buddy Boat Buyer.

Moosebunk

Co-worker here has gotten bit by a serious fishing bug this year. Well, in truth he has a play boat that he's been putting all sorts of fishing upgrades to this spring. IE, 55lb new Powerdrive with Auto-pilot, riggers, sonar. Now he's looking to buy a fishing boat today. 17-foot SmokerCraft. Nice looking boat but, he was about to call the Marina to sign off on it yet he hadn't thought to ask for any extras or upgrades to be included.

Told him...

Dump the PowerDrive you're looking to transfer over to that new boat and go with the Terrova 80lb.

Transfer your sonar over and have them upgrade the cheapy with the deal and put it on the bow.

Ask for galvanized trailer, bunk guides, spare tire, transom saver and tie downs.

Ask for safety kit, fire extinguisher, bumpers, ropes and life jackets if needed.

Check what seats are in the package, if there are higher end ones, get those.

Anything else to consider???

He's too fast and just signed off on it.

Onboard charger, cover and bimini top, stereo, slightly upgraded sonar, keeping the PowerDrive for now, trailer with all accessories and had the tire thrown in. Comes with a 150 ETec. He's having a feel good day.

Now he needs to just get fishng.

Man he must have been super eager to get a new boat lol. Lucky dude, hopefully they'll have one in stock they can make fancy so he can slime it this summer.

313634_p_t_360x240_image01.jpg

He'll have it by next friday after they've transferred a few things off his boat onto this new one. Sharp looking rig I think. He went home from work today a pretty happy camper. lol.

He's too fast and just signed off on it.

Onboard charger, cover and bimini top, stereo, slightly upgraded sonar, keeping the PowerDrive for now, trailer with all accessories and had the tire thrown in. Comes with a 150 ETec. He's having a feel good day.

Now he needs to just get fishng.

The ETEC can be setup to run XD100 or XD50 oil at the dealer. 100 and 50 refers to the mix ratio with 100 being full synthetic at $50/jug. Have your co-worker do a little research into which setup he wants to run. I was just told by a performance shop that the 50:1 ratio is better for the motor as the 100:1 seems to be a little lean even for full synth. Some of the tourny guys even run the 50:1 setup with XD100 for foolproof protection. That could get a little pricey though. Whatever he decides, tell him to ask for an extra jug! It wouldn't hurt to ask for a spare prop too.

He should of asked for a 9.9 four stroke kicker,,,,,Oh wait,they dont have one,no one does. :wallbash::wallbash:

Nice craft.

He'll be kickin' himself for not getting a kicker with this boat I think. Available or not.

Did he get a quick release bracket for the trolling motor? Highly recommended, especially if he has a bow to stern cover.

The ETEC can be setup to run XD100 or XD50 oil at the dealer. 100 and 50 refers to the mix ratio with 100 being full synthetic at $50/jug. Have your co-worker do a little research into which setup he wants to run. I was just told by a performance shop that the 50:1 ratio is better for the motor as the 100:1 seems to be a little lean even for full synth. Some of the tourny guys even run the 50:1 setup with XD100 for foolproof protection. That could get a little pricey though. Whatever he decides, tell him to ask for an extra jug! It wouldn't hurt to ask for a spare prop too.

I'll pass this on to him guys, thanks. Good info.

With boat buyers as few and far between as a shark in the desert you would think they would be willing to bend over like a girl in a prom dress, however I have found as I shopped with a pal for a new rig this past spring he'll be lucky to get a float for his key ring thrown into the deal. Doesn't hurt to ask. Please let us know what they did agree to.

A hat with the marina's name on it would be a bonus today as dealers are just scrapping by on sales. Their money is in service just as are the new car dealerships.

Sure is fun shopping with someone else's money.