Left Handed Muskie Fisherman - A Dying breed

Lunkerhunter

its good to see im not the only one but what a pain in the ass. I was hoping to get a low profile reel and I didnt want to end up with a round reel in the lower end of the market.

I can sort of reel both ways but as many of you i hate switching hands when casting and have much more power holding the rod with my right hand. i would much prefer to use my left to reel with.

I have several set ups for different baits/styles of fishing. the reason i wanted a reel to pick up the line quickly was for a single application. just like bass guys who have different combo's for each application of fishing.

If anyone who is a lefty wants a reel for twin 10's and big baits the toro winch is the ticket! and they still make them in left hand retrieve for now anyway.

i will definetely be picking up a 400 lexa when they come out in Canada and check out the Avet reels as mentioned above. i would LOVE to see the tranx or similar in a left hand model but im probably dreaming.

Edited by Lunkerhunter

If anyone who is a lefty wants a reel for twin 10's and big baits the toro winch is the ticket! and they still make them in left hand retrieve for now anyway.

i was looking into them, and after talking to some guys i was talked out of it. apparently the retrieve is too slow. how do you like it?

i have a winch paired with a sling blade and use it pretty much strictly for twin 10's etc. i find it to be very easy to bring in the big stuff and i can still burn the bait under the surface with ease.

that being said i only use it for that and not much else so if you wanted it for more than that the NaCl or calcutta may be a more rounded out reel for your needs.

and lew, hahah! easier said than done

It's not high speed but the new Calcutta D comes in lefty and it's a pretty nice reel that's versatile enough for all round use. I don't think you want to use the Curado's for jerkbaits, doesn't seem strong enough with all the hard jerks it'll take. My Curado EJ is still holding up after some abuse but feels like it's not going to last forever and I still only like it for lighter baits.