more toronto pike

ehg

Went to Toronto islands for some more pike today. Had betwween 10 -2 pm so thought i'd give it a go.

Ended up catching 3 of them. The first two were between 26- 28 inches so i didn't see a need for photos.

I was hoping for something 30+ inches.

Well after a bit i finally caught what i was looking for.

pike1.jpg

This fish was 35.5 inches and stocky. The lure (HJ-10) fell out of its mouth right at shore

but got wrapped around its body once for a securely held photo.

Luckily there was some tourist families watching the show,

so one fella offered to take some pictures, with my camera and took a bunch of his own.

So i quickly laid the fish for the tourney pic, then line was cut and fish put back in water (kicking water in my face).

pike2.jpg

Team 9 sign is washed out by the sun, i was concerned with securing the fish not whether the guys photo was good.

In the 2-3 hours i was there again i saw no one fishing. I think the pike are thriving and relativley unpressured there

despite metropolis nearby.

Cheers,

ehg

Nice fish ehg !! Now I've got the picture printed out and I'm off to look for them train tracks.. LOL... NOT !

Great stuff...thanks for sharin. Sunday and nobody else fishing....who would have thought with all the hoopla around here.

Ya good stuff dude. You took off too early I was just making espresso when you disappeared. The nice thing is about the island is there is pike everywhere, and there is so much room to move around. There could be a hundred folks lined up on shore and you could still find a spot untouched and full of fish.

Glad to hear no one elase is there! I have fished thre and seen 10+ other fishermen.

I've fished there for past 15 yrs. at least and have seen more people fishing at times.

At times i have approached them only to realize they really had no clue what they were doing,

except for the odd OFC'ers i've run into. Usually there is too many shoreline weeds for

productive shorefishing anyways.

ehg

Nice fish egh. We were at that spot Saturday and pulled in a couple but nothing nearly as nice as that. Wasn't many people out Saturday either. I doubt we saw more than 5 or 6 other guys fishing not including a group of 4 kids with a trout net and a bunch of mr twisters screwing around though they landed one after switching to a little cleo based on advice from one of us (much to the chagrin of a certain board member who's name I'll protect as he's still trying to break his t.o. island pike cherry :) )

Edited by TbayBoy

After seeing your carp and walleye reports cliff I can just imagine what you and Bly would pull off for Pike :) And BitSmith - I thought you were gonna toss that kid in when he pulled in that pike on his first cast with the cleo (the fact that this kids entire vocabulary consisted of 'YO DOG!' made it even worse/funnier)

Edited by TbayBoy

After seeing your carp and walleye reports cliff I can just imagine what you and Bly would pull off for Pike :) And BitSmith - I thought you were gonna toss that kid in when he pulled in that pike on his first cast with the cleo (the fact that this kids entire vocabulary consisted of 'YO DOG!' made it even worse/funnier)

Thanks...but what most dont know here, is that we are skunked about ummm...95% of the times we go out...LOL. I've caught 2 incidental Pikes (a 32" and a 34") while Walleye fishing at our regular spots...but that was in late December and early January...not much of a fight. Must be pretty exciting now that the waters are starting to heat up a little!