ICAST 2013

9257692305_86e661ef49.jpg

Daiwa takes the cake for me this year in iCast, the Tatula rod and reel feels really nice in hand for the price point. The difference between the regular and the Type R ver. on the Tatula is CRBB and the Zaion drag star.

Edited by ah_long

9257692305_86e661ef49.jpg

Daiwa takes the cake for me this year in iCast, the Tatula rod and reel feels really nice in hand for the price point. The difference between the regular and the Type R ver. on the Tatula is CRBB and the Zaion drag star.

No difference in the spools???

that 13 fishing teardrop reel looks interesting...but their model from last year was one of the biggest wastes of $100 for me...this time I'll wait for the reviews

the AGS guides have a carbon frame...from my experience with carbon brake levers and shifter knobs (mountain biking), carbon snaps and you're done for the day, too fragile, I wouldn't trust myself with those...bending a rod guide is easily the most common f-up I do to my rods

I do like the fact that Abu Garcia will be allowing select e-tailers to carry their Jdm reels. It would be pretty cool if I could get a revo elite 8 up here without having to order it from Japan. I would prefer to get a shimano or daiwa but I have no issues with Abu either

I do like the fact that Abu Garcia will be allowing select e-tailers to carry their Jdm reels. It would be pretty cool if I could get a revo elite 8 up here without having to order it from Japan. I would prefer to get a shimano or daiwa but I have no issues with Abu either

I had read an article a month or so ago about whether it made good business sense to still have Japanese and a North American versions of products like reels. The times, they are a changin'

I personally don't see the point but I have read some interesting arguments about why there are still differences and not one global market product. Apparently, us North Americans are a lot harder on our reels than our Japanese counter parts.

That is one if the reasons we have a anti reverse pawl I. Our shimano baitcasters like the curado where their scorpion only has the bearing.

Where did you read it has x ship? I only ask because I am certain it does but it is not listed as a feature on the shimano website. One of the guys on another forum was considering buying one but only if it had x ship and when he saw that on shimano's site, he was pretty dissapointed. I am still of the impression it has it, I just wante to see it from a reputable source.

Lape0019,

Looks like the the stradic CI4FA will have x ship. http://www.basspro.com/Shimano-Stradic-CI4FA-Spinning-Reels/product/1306150615101/

Yeah,

I saw it there as well but the shimano site did not mention it so I was confused. Someone else confirmed wih that via Facebook and shimano has bow added that it comes with x ship on their website. The more I read about it, there may actually be a need to swap at least one of my ci4's out