In keeping with the Disaster Theme these days.

mercman

Latest pics show the scope of this disaster. I guess we will find out soon enough the cause of this unfortunate disaster that happened not far from my new home town of Cowansville. http://fr-ca.actualites.yahoo.com/photos/explosion-mortelle-à-lac-mégantic-slideshow/-photo-1373294450630.html

Edited by mercman

No bodies. The intensity of the heat and the force of the many explosions scattered whatever bits of teeth or bone or jewelery there may have been.

Really?,Wow!Can't even imagine that. What do the families do?My heart goes out to everyone who knows someone there.

I have a customer from there, and he finally called to let me know he and his family are safe and fishing in Northern Quebec. He believes he lost his friend and neighbor of many years, and his storefront is in the center of that mess. He will rebuild and keep on keepin on.

A very tragic situation. Our prayers go out to those effected by this.

Based on what I heard today on the radio programs there will be charges laid for those responsible. Having many years experience in rail transport ( Stelco during the 80's had the third largest railway in Canada) this should never have happened and was easily preventable. A locomotive with a drag of hazardous materials should not have the ability to move. If it does by some unknown reason steps have to be taken to ensure the health safety of the employees as well a surrounding community, including the environment. I wonder what the pipeline protesters have to say about the safety of transportation of oil by rubber tire and rail now?

Just tragic, we need to say a few prayers for those poor souls.

Edited by Old Ironmaker