Great day of Muskie fishing

muskymatt

Got out today with some buds from New Brunswick, they have been in town visiting and fishing. We hit the Ottawa and it took a while to find out what they wanted but when we did, they wanted to eat, big time.

Tony and Steve hosted me and a group from Ottawa a few years back when we took a road trip out to see them in NB. Great guys and a whole pile O fun to fish with.

We went 4 for 9 and got a couple decent pike as well, Steve got the biggest and smallest at 47" and 22". Tony got the biggest pike and a 42" muskie, I battled and lifted a fine 45" for a pic. The 45" had a snub nose, that's the 3rd time I've seen that on the Ottawa, freaky!

Today was an absolute blast!! :clapping:

Pics

Copy of Copy of DSCF1378.JPG

Copy of DSCF1372.JPG

Nice going Matt so did they switch from fishing with Pepe to you and then got the fish? I know when I talked to him earlier in the week it was rough going. Hope you guys have a great weekend at your outing looking forward to reading the reports

Yes Mike. Steve and Tony hopped in with me for the Friday and we were on fish all day. Pepe joked he was going to be my bubble boy on Saturday :w00t:. But as luck would have it, he would be the one putting a fish in the boat, which was overdue for him and very nice to see. Great guy are those NB fellas, all class A folks.

Your fish Matt, definately is finding more protein snacks then Mr. Eldridge's is, nice skies

Amazing what camera angle can do for a pic, Steves fish and mine were the same girth at 19.75", his being 2" longer. He has a better pic(head on) that shows the fish much better.