Where to launch portaboat?

d_paluch

Hey guys!

Looking to find a spot in the southern part of cooks bay where I can 'launch' my portaboat.

Launch is emphasized because all I really need is water access and a small bit of flat land beside it where I can put it together. I would prefer not to pay to launch, but am willing to pay a small fee to park my car, but obviously free is preferred.

My plan is for the girlfriend and I to hit up some LM/SM bass and maybe some pike.

Any input is welcomed!

you can do it at the bottom of 89 west side of cooks, lots of parking around the corner

or keswick lakeshore just north of ravenshoe

two spots, both have crappy ramps and both have parking south spot just cars at Sherlea blvd and north spot vehicles and trailers at Walter drive

Thanks a lot guys!

Had a decent day out there, the wind was a pain for my little boat, and I think I need to get a real anchor and not use a 10lb barbell weight :P

I caught 7 and my girlfriend caught 4. Nothing too big until we decided to fish the shoreline to avoid the wind.

Ended up landing this guy, put up a great fight :)

976424_10151717848591133_1929774285_o.jp

Now That's a fish! Another place you might want to try launching at is Beeg Park, southeast corner of Cooks Bay. Cut and paste this into Google Maps: 44.199898,-79.478566

that is the ramp at walter drive