a couple of days on the lake

spincast

G and I headed down bright an early Saturday to be greeted by some of the freakiest weather I have seen on the big lake.

DSCF0342_zps584931ab.jpg

Despite how it looked, there was no hint of the humidity that usually warns of something undesired coming

We set up and started our search,

DSCF0343_zps37218eaf.jpg

by 10:30 we had been on the water four almost 6 hours and had nothing in the boat. We had several hits, some that came halfway to the boat, some that came all the way along side, and even one case where we got a double header - one spit it out half way and one along side ??? We decided to hit my fave spot and shop over the lunch break - a time we almost always tag something. I saw a few pieces of debris on the water and some fish feeding on the surface. Headed in, and as the core went through it some 300+ feet later the rod bent. G brought our first fish aboard, a small Coho. We sailed back through and got another hit - this one sailed clear of the surface by a couple feet, looked over at us waved, and spat the hook. We went over one more time and hooked again, and another small Coho came aboard. We ended the day with three small Cohoes out of 13 hits in almost 9 hours. If we were ball players, we would have been sent down to the minors after a showing like that. As we were finished putting one of the hooks away and getting ready to set up again, I looked at the screen and saw the biggest hook I have ever seen. Took up almost 1/2 of my split screen on the Elite 5.

DSCF0348_zps11f87ffa.jpg

After waking up at 3:00 on Saturday and racking up some pretty low numbers, we decided Sunday would be a more leisurely approach. My internal alarm struck at 5:00 we were on the road by 5:45. Looking at the weather I said "G, this is gonna be a whole different game today - different colours, different speeds, different rods are gonna hit" (only the lead core scored on Saturday). By 7:30 we were on the water and set up. By 8 the first fish was having his teeth cleaned

DSCF0380_zps49be4f63.jpg;

The weather was indeed a different day - a comparison shot

DSCF0397_zps55ea7937.jpg

G and I proceeded to go 8 for 12 in 4.5 hours. We had another double header - I was bringing in the dipsey and a rigger fired. By the time I passed the dispey to G the rigger fish was gone. Then the dispey fish spat it as we switched back? AGAIN? WTH?

DSCF0384_zpsd55b878b.jpg

including this one G brought in. This one fought at the back of the boat for more than 10 minutes, running each time I came close.

G forgot the lesson from last years tank he brought in:

DSCF0391_zps497bbc93.jpg

"Dad, my b***s are sore, I had put the rod between my legs to help fight that one" - :rofl2:

We got an eater or two

DSCF0388_zps8bcc3f7f.jpg

and saw a beauty day on the water.

DSCF0396_zps1e08f16d.jpg

DSCF0377_zps4decfb19.jpg

All in all - a great weekend, and hopefully the sign I have been waiting for.

DSCF0366_zpsd36ac3a3.jpg

cheers.

Edited by spincast