Fishing in wasaga beach.

there are many species of fish in and around the mouth of the river. I have caught the usual salmon and trout but also walleye, pike and huge catfish. There are also sturgeon around but they are never in season.

All these fish were caught the same day within a couple of hundred of meters from each other.

cat2.JPG

cat1.JPG

rainbow.JPG

Edited by Cudz

First off... Welcome to OFC!

I live in the area, and have always wanted to try for Pike there.

Some friends of mine have done well there in the past.

But like Cudz said, you really never know what you might pull our the Notti..

• 2 weeks later...

Is there good fishing in this area for bass, walleye and pike. I looked at a couple of places to purchase in the area but didn't because I could not find much info on the fishing in the area. I am not looking for spots but just some general information on the area. Is the river good during the summer or do you have to go out a few miles in the bay to have any success?

there are many species of fish in and around the mouth of the river. I have caught the usual salmon and trout but also walleye, pike and huge catfish. There are also sturgeon around but they are never in season.

All these fish were caught the same day within a couple of hundred of meters from each other.

How would I catch walleye there and we're would they hang out

TIps for fishing new bodies of water....its what usually works for me.

Double blade baits, for some reason bass really like white ones. Spinners sizes 1-5 (mepps -Panther Martin - Blue fox) Again white, gold, silver, silver-pink, silver-blue. I`ve caught bass and pike on almost all of them.

If you are fishing early morning you can try top water baits. Poppers work really well on some mornings for small and large mouths.

Move around and change it up until you start getting hits. Try to find weed edges if you can.

Jig heads with gulp minnows (3-4) inches are a deadly bait for walley. You can always "cheat" and tip it with a live minnow or a piece of a worm

Good luck!