Replacing trebles with singles

We are headed up to Nakina where the fishing is great. Lots of walleye and pike. I am considering replacing the rear trebles on my crankbaits such as Big 'O's and Hot 'n Tots with single hooks. The reason for doing this is to make the hammerhandle pike easier to release. I can afford the penalty of possibly losing more walleye with a single than a treble. These lures have split rings, so I don't really need to use Siwash hooks with their open eyes.

What sort of hooks---type, brand, size---would you recommend as replacements? The crankbaits are the smaller 2 sizes---maybe 2-3" long.

thx

I'm all for going to single hooks over trebles but, on those lures the balance/tuning might be effected quite easily by changing hooks. Unless someone I really trusted had already done it with those specific lures I'd be doing some testing myself as I converted a few.

Thx for your suggestions, guys. I think pinching down the barbs would help but single hooks would be even easier. As suggested, I would test 1 of each type by casting before doing any more, just to make sure the 'wiggling' performance was not affected.

Raf---why did you use siwash? Rapalas have split rings, so hooks with ordinary close eyes could possibly be used. I know my silver fox lures, for example, come with a siwash----there is no split ring.

Do barbless hooks work any less effectively than barbed with musky and pike fishing?

I don't find they do on bucktails. I lose a whole lotta fish either way. Lol

But on single hook lures I find you lose more fish with a pinched barb.