Just spent a few days in the catskills for "bug week" and thought I'd share some scenery and a couple fish.

Our goal was to fish the West Branch of the Delaware in search of some beefier fish, but that was quickly squashed upon our arrival as a massive storn dumped a ton of rain north of Hancock which filled the reservoir and in-turn, swelled the river right before our eyes. The delaware never did come down in the few days we were there. We were pretty bummed as we thought all was lost. After checking all the flow meters for the other area streams.......every hour on the hour, we were relieved to find out that the Beaverkill was quickly on its way back down, and would probably be wadeable and fishable if we were willing to take a ride. We were ecstatic after taking the 20 minute drive east, to find clear water, bugs coming off......and rising fish. Heres just a couple pics of my surroundings

IMG_2396_zps3516401b.jpg

IMG_2390_zpsd92474f7.jpg

IMG_2351_zps69708383.jpg

IMG_2323_zpsc699b963.jpg

beaverkill_zps7a3fcbe6.jpg

IMG_2389_zps0c777bc5.jpg

IMG_2369_zps3a46b2da.jpg

Sounds like a good trip even if you couldn't fish everywhere you wanted. At least you ended up finding some nice water to fish. Nice fish and pics. On the list of places I'd like to fish.

Oh absolutely,.......I felt very lucky to be on the water at all, and it made it that much sweeter after thinking we were pooched lol

I'm jealous, just like I was last year when you posted a similar report :)

That was actually 2 years ago believe it or not lol, time flies man. Seems like a year ago though. We had a packed vehicle and 4 guys this year, if theres ever an opening though ill be sure to give you a heads up.

Everyone who fly fishes should fish the Catskills at least once.

Its become my favorite destination honestly, whenever i go.......i dont want to leave

some nice scenery for sure Blaque, you got skills with the camera. I love the trickling water shots

Gigs up, those are all just taken on my iphone lol

Thanks guys, some of the shots i regret not getting, or regret not being able to get i should say, were the 3 bald eagles we saw......and the beavers that were working one evening swimming back and forth gathering "building materials" lol. The eagles were just not close enough to get a good image and the beavers, i was too focused on the rising fish to care about getting a pic lol. I can tell you thats its a bit disconcerting wading balls deep and watching a beaver go under right in front of you for what seemed like minutes CHOMP :)