A memorable Time on the Shoreline, a 70th...

Leecher

A good friend of mine, Raymond, called me last night, asking if I wanted to go specks hunting tomorrow.... reply was... YOU BET :) even though the weather forecast wasn't at it`s best :o but who rely on a forecast anyway :rolleyes::lol:

Then it dawned on me.... Ray's birthday's is tomorrow (70th - June 1st 2013).... AWESOME :) Let's make the best of it B)

Up at 5h00am, car packed by 5h30am, couple of stops for gas and breakfast and made my way to Ray's home.... got his gear pack in the car and when he got into the passenger side, had a gift for him laying on the seat....

Inside was a card and a framed picture of his last trout he had caught last week :) like this one below:

DSC09530_zps582cd6b4.jpg

His smile made my morning even though rain was coming down pretty hard... got to destination at 7h15 and by 7h30 were setup and fishing :)

Rain was coming down a little and the black flies weren't too bad... then I hear Ray say: Fish on :huh: Got his first trout in the box B)

Then he says to me: " C'est 1 Zéro :) " Well, that right there, put a big smile on my face :)

As the morning progressed, the black flies got busier but the pokadots were shy... so I decided to light a fire next to shore and lay a few layers of pine needles... that created a cloud of smoke for a while and kept them at bay :)

By noon, the black flies were relentless and we just couldn't take them anymore :wallbash: so we left :)

Trout count... 6 :) all caught on my slip bobber rigs B)

Made my day :)

Last pic... trying to get creative... this what I was able to get :P

Bonne Fête Raymond!

DSC09539_zps47371b4f.jpg

Tight Lines

TroutJunkie

Friends are what make fishing worthwhile.

Yep!!!

Monsieur fantastique, tu es un bon ami.

Merci Old Ironmaker!!!

Good on you guys for toughing it out in the conditions.

Tasty looking 70th B-day!

Thanks Nick!!! Yeah the weather is all over the place this weekend :wacko: made the best of it :)

Good thing you guys caught 6 fish, and not 5 Jaques. Another fun read my friend.

Thanks Dan!!! Yeah that was the perfect number :D

great story Jacques. thanks for sharing. I thought maybe you would have put a b-day candle in each of the spec's mouths? :D

Thanks Rick!!! Now there's an idea :lol:

A good friend indeed. Good story!

Thanks Chad!!!